DS #0434: New Super Mario Bros. (USA)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the red wing boxes as far as i know hover over certain levels and you go into the level to get what they contain, which is usually just shells and stuff. Halfway through the first world, there is a cannon which looks like osmething you can get to as its got a black circle underneath it which means it can be unlocked, but i cant finf no way into this level /bonus room

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anyone figure out on the first world how to get to the level where you can see a picture of a cannon?? Ive cleared first world 100% apart from being able to get in there!

That's weird, have you been able to open the red wing boxes ? or is this what you think the cannon may be for ?
I don't know exactly how the red wing boxes work but they sometimes give you an item at the beginning of a level they are floating over. I guess you need to be doing badly to get them.
wink.gif
They also move about. Not much special about them I guess.

osn19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does it work ok on Supercard mini SD ?

Because (since it doesn't work on EZ 2), I don't know wether I should buy an ez 4 or a SC mini SD...

barakku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Tried today, not much funny I must admit.

I loved past Mario platformers, but this seems no fun to me.

I think it's too much outdated for today's standards... too similar to SNES Mario for today.

I hope to change my mind soon.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMFG! Why did I have to go to work today? I must have missed out on all the fun!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to play this beauty, but will definetely pick up a retail copy when it arrives in Europe!

I hope everyone else that is enjoying this game does the same!
smile.gif

blackeromegalon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I couldn't find any firmware higher than 16 there.

Chooch 81, which firm ware and M3 manager are you using?

Im using a passkey 2 V3, with Game manager 3.14 currently on a DS lite, flash card reader has the update E18.

EDIT: just updated to the beta Game Manager 3.15 and E19 ont he card, still no joy. White screens with both NSMB and MP: hunters.
cry.gif

I'm using M3 manager 3.14 and E16, maybe you could try that? Or try a bunch of different setting combinations and see if you get anything.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone figure out on the first world how to get to the level where you can see a picture of a cannon?? Ive cleared first world 100% apart from being able to get in there!

You have to go to the mini-castle with a turtle shell powerup. Go into the room that has all the moving blocks. In that room in the upper right hand corner you'll notice a space just big enough for an invisible pipe to be located, go in that pipe. From there you need to have the turtle shell power up to break the bricks, that lead to a pipe that exits the stage outside the castle itself.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiiiiiii, what a great game
smile.gif

I tested the first two stages and the new minigames, this game is fun like hell.
Unfortunately i now have to wait 53 days for the europe release because i want an original copy. *sigh*

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im using GM 3.14 and e18 at the moment to play all my games. This one works if I use TRIM and NORMAL BOOT without SOFTRESET. If I upgrade to e19, can I use SOFTRESET with this game? I don't want to upgrade unless it's really necessary (40+ games reflashed makes me sleepy)

Any M3 user can confirm this?:

osn19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tried this method : decompile/rebuild of the rom with ndstool, and then flashed the new .nds on my EZ 2.

The game still doesn't work on the ez2 : gives me white/blank screens...

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to get to world 4 yet?

Store a tiny blue mushroom powerup in your inventory, defeat boss at castle 3, then quickly use your tiny mushroom powerup. You will get to World 4.

omg what a bunch of sillies,

Ok.. well I think it was world 2 I got the mushroom that makes you small, then I defeated the boss (the worm one) and then mario warped to world 4. I did this after completing to world 3 because you can just tap on whatever world you want to go to. It was pretty much shown to you how to do it when you beat the boss, I mean come on..the secret isn't that hard to find! You don't need to have a powerup in your inventory to get it, it's just a [?] block before you get to the boss. And you just power stomp the boss 3 times in case that is too difficult to figure out *rolls my eyes*

Also you can't save on any level in SMW on SNES/SFC, but you can on the GBA version in case u guys need that clarified still. That should've been obvious.

Well this game is great, I played it a bit before sleeping but I dunno how to lay down without my arms falling asleep to play DS so I didn't play it all night heh. I played some Tetris wifi after playing that too.
tongue.gif

CpuMan2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched and didn't find anything, can anyone boot the game, but gets two black screens after choosing Minigames? I'm using a SCSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A simple surgery might be able to correct it for both of you