Driving your friends

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by golden, Apr 30, 2009.

Apr 30, 2009

Driving your friends by golden at 5:26 AM (972 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    I know at least in California in the US this law exists and probably throughout the United States as well but I am not sure. However, the law is something like you can't drive any teenagers in your car until you have had your license for a full year and are above 18 years of age. My question was, DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY EVER FOLLOW THIS LAW? I am not trying to get this thread deleted/locked by promoting illegal activity but I am merely asking and am curious if anyone actually follows this law. I mean honestly and without exaggeration, I have about 30 good friends at high school right now that are under 18 with their license and believe me when I say NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM FOLLOWS THIS LAW. My opinion toward it is that it is probably the single most unnecessary or worst enforced law out there since I am willing to bet money that under 5% of the people that it corresponds to actually follow it. Does anyone else on this site in actually follow this law? Also, if you are in another country, feel free to say if your country also has this kind of law or anything similar and if you follow it or not.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Nope. The school doesn't care, the police don't care, so why should you?

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Trust me when I saw no one abides by this law. Most cops don't even check for this unless they have a real reason to pull you over like speeding. The only time I don't suggest doing this is when it comes to the end of the months and the cops are trying to fill their quota. I have my friends give me rides all the time and I live in California.

4. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Ya lol that's what I thought guys. I have no intention of following this law at all but is it actually true that some cops don't care and whatnot?

5. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    yeah we've been ignoring this law for years. though there's always a chance u'll get caught. just plead ignorance, and slip him a donut [​IMG]

6. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    I think in OR the law is that you only have to have your driver's license for 6 months.