Homebrew DragonMedia Player....getting SDHC support in...

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a link to the WiiBrew page:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/DragonMedia_Player

I never realized that Dragonminded had released the source. I really love(d) this player, but it will not function with my SDHC card. It'll work fine on my old vanilla Sandisk 2GB of course (non-SDHC), but the app crashes back to the HBC with the SDHC card. THe project has been abandoned some time ago sadly, and I would love to get SDHC compatibility into the source.

But, I am somewhat new to it all. I have devkitpro set up and can compile. If somebody with some knowledge on the subject can take a look at the source and tell me how it is done, I would be extremely grateful
smile.gif

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mplayer-CE SUCKS, in almost every possible way. No GUI, playback stops after every song and so on. DMP would be excellent if it had USB2.0 support, now I have to re-encode every MP3 to 160kbit.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
GeeXbox hardly has a gui, uses a image from data files.

QUOTE said:
Mplayer-CE SUCKS, in almost every possible way. No GUI, what's been worked on.....you were saying?
QUOTE said:
playback stops after every song and so on. create a playlist on your computer for mplayer to play it then.
DMP would be excellent if it had USB2.0 support, now I have to re-encode every MP3 to 160kb
well that project died a full year ago. good look trying to build it.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
GeeXbox hardly has a gui, uses a image from data files.

QUOTE said:
Mplayer-CE SUCKS, in almost every possible way. No GUI, what's been worked on.....you were saying?
QUOTE said:
playback stops after every song and so on. create a playlist on your computer for mplayer to play it then.
DMP would be excellent if it had USB2.0 support, now I have to re-encode every MP3 to 160kb
well that project died a full year ago. good look trying to build it.

What are you trying to say? NOBODY can build this now with SDHC support? I have tried to simply compile the source, but many errors. Surely there must be someone out there willing to take on the task. Amazing to see the source has been available for so long and nobody has tackled it. It's not like I (and some other people I know) are asking for new player features, but simply for it to *work* on newer cards (USB2 support would be nice too however). I have tried Mplayer and Geexbox (as well as every other available music player for the Wii), and I agree, DMP is much more efficient for music playback.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I used to love DMP alot, nice interface and the most important the blinking lights. But play MP3 from an USB device is buggy, the music will cut very often if it has high bitrate. I prefer Wiireader for that, itsn't so good looking but make the job just perfert.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
a libguiwii version of MPCE is coming for sure, and right now, MPCE is flawless already, if u wanna GUI make one your damn self

you would need to totally update the source to work with the new libogc etc.. or find the version it was compiled against and try that, alot of effort for something we already have.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
a libguiwii version of MPCE is coming for sure, and right now, MPCE is flawless already, if u wanna GUI make one your damn self

you would need to totally update the source to work with the new libogc etc.. or find the version it was compiled against and try that, alot of effort for something we already have.

MPCE is good, but it is far from flawless. Songs have always loaded slow for me with it, and they never really sounded right either. MPCE tries to be everything and is decent at it all, but it is really not all that super for playing audio files (right now). Hopefully it'll get better down the road. Ehh, guess not too many people care about a good ol' dedicated audio player nowadays...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm a multi I can witch from dick to vag at will +1