Dragon Quest VIII SD Card Problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VioletDMT, May 16, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

  1. VioletDMT
    OP

    VioletDMT Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    Every time I start up DQ8 it says "An error occurred while the SD card was being written to." and I can't figure out what to do. I have checked all over the internet for a couple days for an answer but everything they have said to do doesn't work. Some say use LumaLocaleChanger and change the region of the game to mine own(Which is US) or to EUR but the problem still occurred. The other solution was to activate the setting "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" but it does not exist in my Luma3ds settings.
     
  2. DarkSynopsis

    DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    3
    Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Well if your region is US then you must be trying to play a EU version, in Luma Settings you want to Enable Game Patching this is what Region/Language Emulation is part of now.

    With that done you can try the Locale Changer again, you will want to set it to EU EUR.
     
    Last edited by DarkSynopsis, May 16, 2018 at 12:18 AM
  3. VioletDMT
    OP

    VioletDMT Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    Nothing at all, I turned on "game patching" and then switched the region and language like you said but the same error came up.
     
  4. lone_wolf323

    lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    5
    May 27, 2011
    Canada
    I think Ive heard of this before. Do you have lumalocale active aswell as having the locale.txt file needed?
     
  5. VioletDMT
    OP

    VioletDMT Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    I don't remember seeing Lumalocale anywhere and where would the locale.txt be located?
     
  6. lone_wolf323

    lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    5
    May 27, 2011
    Canada
  7. VioletDMT
    OP

    VioletDMT Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    I already had a titles folder with another games ID in there so I made a new folder along with it named after my games title id and put the text file in it but still nothing new.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    Ok so I'm on an American console but the games original region is Europe. Don't know if that changes anything.
     
  8. DarkSynopsis

    DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    3
    Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    During some Luma update (7?) it changed the locale location and unless you have gone into the "Choose Locales Directory" menu in the Locale Switcher and set it to the correct one it might be placing the locale file in the wrong place, you need to pick the option "/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt", I checked this on the "0.04-NIGHTLY" build, unsure if its in lower/other builds.

    If the Locale Switcher still isn't working you need to manually create the text file, you should have a locale.txt in the following folder "\luma\titles\000400000018F200\" so on your SD it should be "\luma\titles\000400000018F200\locale.txt" inside the text file is simply one line which should be "EUR EN".

    This is preciously the issue, some games will require the console to be the same region, most games don't but you get the few that do which is why you need Game Patching and the Locale file setup correctly.
     
    Last edited by DarkSynopsis, May 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM
  9. VioletDMT
    OP

    VioletDMT Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    Thank you so much DarkSynopsis changing the directory worked for me. Also, thank you lone_wolf323 for trying.
     
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice