Hacking Dragon Quest VIII SD Card Problems

VioletDMT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I start up DQ8 it says "An error occurred while the SD card was being written to." and I can't figure out what to do. I have checked all over the internet for a couple days for an answer but everything they have said to do doesn't work. Some say use LumaLocaleChanger and change the region of the game to mine own(Which is US) or to EUR but the problem still occurred. The other solution was to activate the setting "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" but it does not exist in my Luma3ds settings.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well if your region is US then you must be trying to play a EU version, in Luma Settings you want to Enable Game Patching this is what Region/Language Emulation is part of now.

With that done you can try the Locale Changer again, you will want to set it to EU EUR.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

VioletDMT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing at all, I turned on "game patching" and then switched the region and language like you said but the same error came up.

VioletDMT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already had a titles folder with another games ID in there so I made a new folder along with it named after my games title id and put the text file in it but still nothing new.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so I'm on an American console but the games original region is Europe. Don't know if that changes anything.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nothing at all, I turned on "game patching" and then switched the region and language like you said but the same error came up.

During some Luma update (7?) it changed the locale location and unless you have gone into the "Choose Locales Directory" menu in the Locale Switcher and set it to the correct one it might be placing the locale file in the wrong place, you need to pick the option "/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt", I checked this on the "0.04-NIGHTLY" build, unsure if its in lower/other builds.

If the Locale Switcher still isn't working you need to manually create the text file, you should have a locale.txt in the following folder "\luma\titles\000400000018F200\" so on your SD it should be "\luma\titles\000400000018F200\locale.txt" inside the text file is simply one line which should be "EUR EN".

Ok so I'm on an American console but the games original region is Europe. Don't know if that changes anything.

This is preciously the issue, some games will require the console to be the same region, most games don't but you get the few that do which is why you need Game Patching and the Locale file setup correctly.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

vikutaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wow, thanks OP and DarkSynopsis. this solution works for me too. Has been searching everywhere but only this work..thanks..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc