Gaming Dragon Quest V: HotHB is coming out a month from now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I married Debora and it's really fun. I like how she treats the Hero like total shit but at the end you see that she's kind with him, never lets him down and she's showing her love in a way or another... Also her lines are fantastic XD

now I'm at the part where

SPOILERS AHEAD:
She is pregnant.. and I'm wondering where were they able to fuck... :\ But ooh well... sounds like a happy thing
biggrin.gif
(also Debora must be a real dominatrix in bed, she's just my type yeah 8D

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dhaos_Niko said:
Quick Question. I must retrieve the Royal Insigna from the Cave, But i'm stuck, Can someone help me?
If you read the inscription it says "The king is the one who stands between those who turn their backs" or something like that and "The Royal Insignia leads the way". It means you must enter in the room with the insignia and turn the statues with their backs to each other and stand in the middle of them. Actually I'm not sure it must be their back or their front, I just did both to be sure XD

Follow this example:

-Rotate the statues till they face this:

the arrow points where the "face" of the statue is.
Then after you stood in the middle of them, rotate them other 2 times so they look like this:
->YOU

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kishu said:
Who did you guys marry? I need some advice on who to marry. I feel sorry for Bianca if I marry anyone else, cause she's my childhood friend, but I don't exactly want to marry her because my children will look like super sayians.

I married Bianca, because I wanted her and Nera to be happy (Nera marries her friend Crispin later) and Debora is a bitch. And personally I think the son looks more like Cloud from FFVII than any existing Super Saiyan.

And I have to ask, What did everybody name the characters. I named my character Isaac (Hero from Golden Sun) and the twins are Felix and Jenna (siblings from Golden Sun). Golden Sun and its continuation GS: The Lost Age used to be my favorite games of all time, but DQV knocks them out of the ballpark. I only hope that DQ VI and IX will be better, because those have a lot to live up to compared to this masterpiece.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Isaac_GS said:
Kishu said:
Who did you guys marry? I need some advice on who to marry. I feel sorry for Bianca if I marry anyone else, cause she's my childhood friend, but I don't exactly want to marry her because my children will look like super sayians.

I married Bianca, because I wanted her and Nera to be happy (Nera marries her friend Crispin later) and Debora is a bitch. And personally I think the son looks more like Cloud from FFVII than any existing Super Saiyan.

And I have to ask, What did everybody name the characters. I named my character Isaac (Hero from Golden Sun) and the twins are Felix and Jenna (siblings from Golden Sun). Golden Sun and its continuation GS: The Lost Age used to be my favorite games of all time, but DQV knocks them out of the ballpark. I only hope that DQ VI and IX will be better, because those have a lot to live up to compared to this masterpiece.
I think Debora doesn't really get in the game what she deserves... I mean, she's barely introduced to us and she's been made looking like a bitch and whiny brat but if you actually marry her you can understand what she's really thinking and that in the end she's a very sweet girl (in her own way) just looking for approval from the people she loves (her father + sister and in the end the main character).

I called the characters:
Main hero - Morgawr
Son - Richard
Daughter - Kahlan

Morgawr's my nick and it's been taken from the Sword of Shannara series and the siblings names are from the Sword of Truth series ^^

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
I think Debora doesn't really get in the game what she deserves... I mean, she's barely introduced to us and she's been made looking like a bitch and whiny brat but if you actually marry her you can understand what she's really thinking and that in the end she's a very sweet girl (in her own way) just looking for approval from the people she loves (her father + sister and in the end the main character)
Really? I don't want to make bianca cry, but I might choose Debora next time I start over, partly to find out how much of that is true, and partly to see if she is a dominatrix in bed like another poster suggested.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Morgawr said:
Dhaos_Niko said:
Quick Question. I must retrieve the Royal Insigna from the Cave, But i'm stuck, Can someone help me?
If you read the inscription it says "The king is the one who stands between those who turn their backs" or something like that and "The Royal Insignia leads the way". It means you must enter in the room with the insignia and turn the statues with their backs to each other and stand in the middle of them. Actually I'm not sure it must be their back or their front, I just did both to be sure XD

Follow this example:

-Rotate the statues till they face this:

the arrow points where the "face" of the statue is.
Then after you stood in the middle of them, rotate them other 2 times so they look like this:
->YOU

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that irked me about DQIV was the fact that all these strange people who talk funny are following my every footstep. It also irked me in Breath of Fire I and II for GBA, but those games were more interesting, so I ignored it. Plus those goddamn dialects don't exist in Breath of Fire games (correct me if I'm wrong though, I never played past BoF II)

Party Talk in DQV (plus the fact that these people don't talk funny) more than makes up for that. Also, I can see why Yuji Hori admits that DQV is his favorite. It's that damn good.

I once said on another forum that I will eventually buy DQIV. I was wrong. I will, however, buy DQV.
And you should too.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Ishidori said:
CreX said:
Personally I am jealous of all you playing this title and similiar ones. They all seem so cheerful and nice to play. But for a new player in the genre you are totally lost. They are too advanced, and you almost have to read a guide to get a clue about where to put points and how to battle. In a FPS its simple, I aim better, I kill more... Also I am too impatient. I tried this Dragon Quest V yesterday, and I merly managed to withstand the text speeches in the beginning... ultimately I did a soft-reset and finnished playing Moon.

Is there a good starter game in the genre? For example, I love Zelda and the more action adventure-games.

Is a little bit hard for a FPS player start to play RPGs. First if you're impatient it won't be easy play any RPG, is like a women
incomprehensible at first, but if you take your time little by little everything will get smooth. Seem boring but after a few hours you get into it. Try Children of Mana, FF Cristal Chronicles or The world ends with you (Action RPGs) later try FF III or IV. FF are good for newcomers.

P.S: So, the culprit of all the poke fever is DQV?
Ah, thanks!

Yeah. I'm at "day 4" in The World Ends With You. I like this game alot.. really a unique kind of battle system. But all the pins, clothes, food and other items makes me confused. Alot to get hang of.
smile.gif

Gonna try FF:CC on DS too. Just gonna undub, I can't stand the english voice actors. Found an nice english -> japanes undub guide here at the forums.
smile.gif

Rizal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can anyone tell me where i can use the tombola ticket i've been looking for the place anywhere but i can't seem to find it.
wacko.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Rizal said:
can anyone tell me where i can use the tombola ticket i've been looking for the place anywhere but i can't seem to find it.
wacko.gif
If you go to that harbor town (don't remember the name, just cast zoom and reach the lindsomething harbor if I'm not wrong) and in the inn there's a stairway that leads you in the basement... there you can play tombola ^^

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
grats on a fine addition to your team
biggrin.gif
as for me, i am still hoping that one of these days i be lucky enough to get a decent party member, perfectly someone with a aoe healing spell and a reviving spell
biggrin.gif

hmm, i wonder if cure/heal slime is recruitable?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
grats on a fine addition to your team
biggrin.gif
as for me, i am still hoping that one of these days i be lucky enough to get a decent party member, perfectly someone with a aoe healing spell and a reviving spell
biggrin.gif

hmm, i wonder if cure/heal slime is recruitable?

If i recall both of those are recruitable,as are king cure slimes.....naturally I was going for a metal slime but cure/king/metal slimes are all in the same area and I happened to recruit a king one earlier tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...