BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Welcome to the official hype thread for Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D. None of you can even fathom how excited i am for this game. I dont care if i have to learn Japanese and import a Japanese 3DS just to play this. The original game was my crack/cocaine as a child. I must have dumped 300 or more hours into the original.​
The official site opened here
What we know:
-There will be 500 some monsters to scout or breed
- all of the monsters from Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional are added to the game’s bestiary
- make a battle party of up to four monsters​
- monsters still have a size parameter​
NEW TRAILER

- use the Scout System to get monsters for your party
-Warp gates will be randomly generated.
Screenshots (56K warning) Ill try to keep this updated with lots of screenshots.

Reactions: 1 person

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be more excited if it was close to the original instead of using the Joker engine. Unfortunately, I hated most of Joker's battle and exploration, and while I haven't played Joker 2 I don't expect this to be any better.

On the other hand, the group working on the Dragon Quest Monsters 1 + 2 (PSX) translation say it's likely the next project to be finished; that's something to look forward to.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I might get a 3ds just for this.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd be more excited if it was close to the original instead of using the Joker engine. Unfortunately, I hated most of Joker's battle and exploration, and while I haven't played Joker 2 I don't expect this to be any better.

On the other hand, the group working on the Dragon Quest Monsters 1 + 2 (PSX) translation say it's likely the next project to be finished; that's something to look forward to.

I much prefer the 2d of the originals too. I've been eagerly awaiting the translation of the PSX port.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First i traineth the monsters in Final Fantasy xiii-2
now i traineth the monsters in this ^-^
I lyk to traineth the monsters.
Makes meh feel powerful

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear what you are all saying.

I like the original 2d style better as well, but after diving into joker/2 Ive come to enjoy the 3D style, especially when you get some of the bigger and higher class monsters.

Ive always wanted to play the PS1 port. Have they actually made good progress? I havent heard of much of news from that team, then again i havent really followed up since last fall.

There have been things missing from the games that i have really been waitng for. Mainly axed monsters (thats mostly joker 1) But there are still lots missing from 2. I am hoping that there wil be elements from both that kinda even eachother out. At first i didnt like scouting or skill set allocations, but now i think it keeps this organized. As for scouting, i know it makes some monsters much much harder to catch rather than just being able to make lost of money and spend it on sirloins to throw at that big ass monster that you want. But technically its possible to catch a monster with a 1% on the scout meter...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scout meter? Please tell me your joking? I hated Joker 1's way of getting monsters. Why couldn't they leave this classic's way of getting monsters alone? They fixed something that wasn't broken. I may now skip the remake I was excitingly waiting for. Fu**king Square!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didnt like either of the DS versions? I didnt like the first one very much until i actually started to get some the more badass monsters at the end of the game.

elscorcho0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I welcome any Dragon Quest game! I do wish they were making a traditional Dragon Quest for the 3DS but the monster series is also fun. :yaynds:

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now the question anyone who's been watching my posts in this section knows I'm going to ask..
Multiplayer?
I actually havent heard heads of tails about online. I mean im guess there will be an arena mode and some sort of trading or monster swap mode... i hope.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added a new trailer. Also I was doing some thinking about this.

I really hope the game follows the original story, as well as having all the old warp gates. In the trailer they show EvilTree, BattleRex, and Durren. So I'm hoping all the rest will be there. Hale, MadCat, Ackbar, Skydragon, Servant, etc.

Also I will be disappointed if all the original monsters arent in the game. whether they are renamed or whatever, i just really hope all of them are in there, as well as all the new ones and shiz.

I am also stoked to see how the random dungeons transfer. That was my biggest complaint with all the rest of the DWM games, the worlds not as random or not random at all (DQMJ/2). I LOVED playing the random ones in DWM because it always felt fresh. I was never stomping the same grounds over and over again.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Warrior Monsters.
LHNUD.jpg

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
How well did the Dragon Quest Monsters Joker games sold in the west?
I have a feeling that this will actually get a localization in the future. I wonder if we'll get the free monster transfer app that Japan are getting, I'm really interested in how that works.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately i cant find numbers for the US versions. I guess i dont know where to look. I know we had some sales, but i dont know how good they were. There was a large demand for the DQMJ2Pro version but i know people settled for the Vanilla one when it came over.

Regardless, if this doenst come stateside, i will import a (J) 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol