Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh god i'm torn apart...

on one hand, we have a game made by the awesome Level 5 (Dark Chronicle/Dark cloud2) and one the other we have the ugly character art by Toriyama (dragonball, but more importantly, Blue Dragon... yuck)

Tough choice...

speaking of DQ8, its a fun game if you have a HDLoader... if you're going to have it on a DVD you will loose your mind. There are load screens every couple of seconds, and the load times...oh the load times... (note that the eu release of DQ8 doesnt have the number 8, its just DQ:Journey something something)

What's wrong with Toriyama's style? I think it's good and fits the game perfectly.
unsure.gif
Secondly, I have the retail DVD of DQ VIII, I have never had any problems with constant load screens, and the load times, when they are there for loading new towns and dungeons etc. (which is standard) are regular PS2 length.

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Yep, PSP can kiss his sorry ass goodbye in Japan. While DQ is a big thing in west, it`s not THAT big thing as I would imagine it is for japanese. Anyway, I`m going to dance a couple of happy dances today, just because of these news!

is there something wrong with you? DQ is the highest selling franchise in japan, period! :wtf:

Sorry, must have formed that sentence badly. What I meant was that while DQ/DW-series is somewhat big and known in USA(and I think DQ8 was a small success in Europe also, not sure though), in Japan this series is bigger than anyone outside Asia would imagine, if I´m not mistaken. And declaring by the fuss around these news, I am not.

Anyhow, it`s interesting to see how this is going to work out. For one thing, if this gets released in the US/Europe, I will be the first one in the line.

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
Sorry, must have formed that sentence badly.

I understood what you meant.

The big thing with this is - it doesn`t matter whether it`s good. It doesn`t matter whether the game itself sells that much (But that it will is a given). It`s the IDEA that it went to the DS.

In Japan, Draque signifies the successful console. It is THE game that declares the winner in the console war. FF is big in the US and Eur, I presume, but in Japan it is a series that is tied to particular hardware. With DQ on the other hand, they choose the console they want, when they want. And so far, they`ve never chosen the "wrong" one.

Just by saying that DQ is going to the DS, it carries a HUGE meaning for all the gamers in Japan... Even if they don`t like DQ. It`s really hard to explain, but DQ is THE game series in Japan.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Im so pissed. Why did they have to abandon turn based combat, best thing about DQ

i'm happy about the fact it's real-time battle! or atleast for this particular title! oh and WIFI ONLINE COOP... Can it get better?
If the attacking and spellcasting is done correctly, and the controls feel tight allover, this game will be THE game to get for DS
wink.gif
this is what we've all been waiting for people!
wink.gif

Now, will this game be as good as Secret of Mana was on SNES? If it will, then I will crown it best game of NDS.

Shiin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im so pissed. Why did they have to abandon turn based combat, best thing about DQ

i'm happy about the fact it's real-time battle! or atleast for this particular title! oh and WIFI ONLINE COOP... Can it get better?
If the attacking and spellcasting is done correctly, and the controls feel tight allover, this game will be THE game to get for DS
wink.gif
this is what we've all been waiting for people!
wink.gif

Now, will this game be as good as Secret of Mana was on SNES? If it will, then I will crown it best game of NDS.

lets just hope its nothing like a certain game of mana....

L

lastdual

Problem is the DS could really use some traditional, turn-based RPGs.

In the action-RPG category, we're already getting Zelda:PH, plus FFXII:RW and the new Crystal Cronicles. It's a little sad that even the most traditional of all RPG series is being action-ified for DS users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.