Meta announces its VR games subscription service, Meta Quest+

meta quest plus.jpg

VR gaming is getting its own subscription service; that is if you have a Meta Quest headset. Meta has announced its Meta Quest+ VR subscription service today which costs $7.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD annually (if you sign up now through July 31, the first month is $1 USD). This will provide subscribers with two VR titles every month.

July's titles are Pistol Whip and Pixel Ripped 1995, while in August, Walkabout Mini Golf and MOTHERGUNSHIP: FORGE are on offer. The titles obtained through Meta Quest+ can be kept as long as you have a subscription.

Meta Quest+ is available for all owners of Quest 2 and Quest Pro headsets, as well as the upcoming Quest 3 device. For more details about the service, head to the official source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Huh, I thought they already had one. I guess not.
I'm guessing this is not like Game Pass where you get the entire library for as long as you're subscribed, instead you have to actually subscribe and stay subscribed for the long haul to get a library worth anything at all and you're probably paying more for the subscription than if you just bought the games you wanted to play at that point.
What's great about Game Pass is that you can try it out for a month or 3 and try out all the games that interest you, and buy the ones you actually like. It's a really good way to try out games without piracy. 3 months of 2-3 games a month wouldn't really amount to much.

That being said, Pixel Ripped 1995 is a great game. I got kinda hooked on it when I picked it up on Steam.

Reactions: k7ra and Guacaholey

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
60 yearly isn't too bad for VR enthusiasts, most of you spend $70 on 3 star games as it is.
I'm completely ignorant about games in VR headsets, but isn't there a good racing sim, space faring adventure or donkey humping game?

I can't believe one big game like that for VR isn't used as a doorway for a subscription.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely ignorant about games in VR headsets, but isn't there a good racing sim, space faring adventure or donkey humping game?

I can't believe one big game like that for VR isn't used as a doorway for a subscription.
I haven't touched VR since the oculus go, I played with meta 2 for a bit because the neighbor bought his kids one. It was actually pretty cool. The majority just hates over the name persay and have usually never even tried the product it's self. A subscription service like this is more or less aimed at just that. Parents that don't want to spend $30 constantly on a app which is the medium cost. And yes it's still android based so meta 3 will probably be cracked it's first week. I'm personally looking forward to it. Emuvr also looks like fun. Maybe not $500 fun. If nothing else comes out by it's release time I'm still interested in it. Others will use the excuse oh you have to link accounts, big deal most of us already have Facebook accounts if not it takes 5 seconds to create a dummy account then sideload and bobs probably the name of your uncle.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched VR since the oculus go, I played with meta 2 for a bit because the neighbor bought his kids one. It was actually pretty cool. The majority just hates over the name persay and have usually never even tried the product it's self. A subscription service like this is more or less aimed at just that. Parents that don't want to spend $30 constantly on a app which is the medium cost. And yes it's still android based so meta 3 will probably be cracked it's first week. I'm personally looking forward to it. Emuvr also looks like fun. Maybe not $500 fun. If nothing else comes out by it's release time I'm still interested in it. Others will use the excuse oh you have to link accounts, big deal most of us already have Facebook accounts if not it takes 5 seconds to create a dummy account then sideload and bobs probably the name of your uncle.
You don't even need a facebook account anymore, you can just make a "meta" account which basically just has billing info attached to it for the store. They want you to make an avatar to use with their stupid horizon worlds app but you can just skip that step.

Shigaraki1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

VR gaming is getting its own subscription service; that is if you have a Meta Quest headset. Meta has announced its Meta Quest+ VR subscription service today which costs $7.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD annually (if you sign up now through July 31, the first month is $1 USD). This will provide subscribers with two VR titles every month.

July's titles are Pistol Whip and Pixel Ripped 1995, while in August, Walkabout Mini Golf and MOTHERGUNSHIP: FORGE are on offer. The titles obtained through Meta Quest+ can be kept as long as you have a subscription.

Meta Quest+ is available for all owners of Quest 2 and Quest Pro headsets, as well as the upcoming Quest 3 device. For more details about the service, head to the official source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

- it's so useless

- why ?

- Because the oculus quest 2 is an android based system which means by activating the developer mode we can ( with adb ) install any package ( in .apk ) on the oculus and guess what ? the games on the oculus is .apk files so all that games are free
games are also easy to dump and easy to compile to an .apk file visit any torrent website and if you search you'll find oculus games ( share by the community ) ( torrent website exemple : YggTorrent ) i use this method on my own oculus and bro it's so easy to do

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Think if you really wanna get yourself a VR headset, the only way to then avoid any of this bs and to recuperate on the money spent on this is by, well, pirating all the software, uh.

Reactions: Xzi

Technoturnovers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the value of this service compared to Game Pass SUCKS, what are you smoking Facebook?
60 yearly isn't too bad for VR enthusiasts, most of you spend $70 on 3 star games as it is.
I cannot name a single VR game that costs $70. Lemme just rattle off some of the most popular/well-received VR games off the top of my head:
  • Half-Life: Alyx(!!!) - $60
  • Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades - $20
  • Beat Saber - $30
  • VRChat - Literally Free
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - $15
  • I Expect You To Die - $25
  • SUPERHOT VR - $25
All of these are absolute bangers, and as far as I'm aware all of them offer effectively infinite playtime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users