Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
warbird said:
RE: ????? , mysterious characters

???????? is sometimes translated as phantom (phantom of the opera = ???????). Without having encountered any ????? yet, I can't say for sure what the correct translation is though.

Excellent work by the way. Good quality on the translations. I would have helped, but this is my first DQ game I play, so I don't know the typical english translations for most of the stuff... Thats why I try to avoid RPG series for translation projects... Too many things have their predefined translations...

Ah, thank you =) I think the term in our usage of "phantom" using this example, is "Mysterious character", like "man of the shadows". The monsters in game related to this species/geneology seem to be almost like rough symbolic shapes of "human-like forms". So i figure ?? directly translates to mysterious person, and ? itself is "mystery,wonder" ... so you are right, thank you for pointing this out! (there is already immaterial class of monster, with ghosts and such), Coming to think of it, I do not even know what "phantom" really means in our own language! At least, not outside of some stories hehe

-huma

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helloion said:
Hey guys! Firionel20,Prophane33 and eviltidus from gamefaqs poted these japanese wiki sites.
I think it could help in your translation.

http://epsilonwiki.com/dq9/index.php?%A5%B9%A5%AD%A5%EB
http://kjgame.sakura.ne.jp/dq9-wiki/
http://www15.atwiki.jp/akaitsubasa-dq9/

If someone (golio?
tongue.gif
) could translate the different skills, magic, monster info, weapons and armor located at these links provided by helloion then donelwero and I can work on getting it done in game.
smile.gif

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
neoxephon said:
helloion said:
Hey guys! Firionel20,Prophane33 and eviltidus from gamefaqs poted these japanese wiki sites.
I think it could help in your translation.

http://epsilonwiki.com/dq9/index.php?%A5%B9%A5%AD%A5%EB
http://kjgame.sakura.ne.jp/dq9-wiki/
http://www15.atwiki.jp/akaitsubasa-dq9/

If someone (golio?
tongue.gif
) could translate the different skills, magic, monster info, weapons and armor located at these links provided by helloion then donelwero and I can work on getting it done in game.
smile.gif
I'll try to!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey golio if you want basic and rough translations heres some help: http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

and here: http://74.125.159.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...KsFLeW8hnsoEH2Q

OH WAIT HERES SOME MORE! http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...itsubasa-dq9%2F

This was a really crude translation but I hope it helps somwehat. For quick reference, the three links that were provided were roughly translated with google translate and may be really inaccurate but its something nonetheless

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
I see that my attempt at help was denied.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
angry.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif
mad.gif
sad.gif
angry.gif
Oh well. No one wants my help. How sad.

Wow, too many smilies.

And your links may be useful. We will have a use for them, but I'm working on the character maker so those translations are unrelated to what I am doing at this specific moment.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
I see that my attempt at help was denied.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
angry.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif
mad.gif
sad.gif
angry.gif
Oh well. No one wants my help. How sad.
You just dumped a bunch of links that someone else found into Google Translate. Anyone could do that, and machine translations are extremely unreliable.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Your help wan't denied. I saw those links. It's just that machine translations are not... very useful. It works to give an idea of what you're reading but most of the times the translation is not exact or just wrong.

But I appreciate that you wanted to help.

And yeah!!!!! I love those magic translations.
yay.gif

Offtopic:

@DarthNemesis Hey Darth? Are you playing DQ9?

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, finally made a breakthrough with the images. I've now got it so the character name part in the character maker shows capital A-Z and lowercase a-z on the bottom screen.

A LOT of the text in the menus are images. I'm going to do my best to get the entire character maker in English before moving on to another area.

Character Maker Preview
cmenglishpreview.jpg

Yeah, I know that the English text when not hovered over is showing up as black when it should be white. That's a palette issue that I am trying to resolve.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
donelwero said:
@DarthNemesis Hey Darth? Are you playing DQ9?

Nope, haven't touched the game. I got your PM, but this has a really good chance of being localized, so I'd rather not work on it.

we understand it could be localized but when and how long it take SE to do it my estimate is 6-8 months from now people will lose hope for this game when is out since other rpg may be on the way but good job those working hard translating it for fans.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeesh I only wanted to help Darth. It was something I saw and I figured there's nothing wrong with posting what I found. Even if everything but one little thing was incorrect, I don't give a damn. Just as long as I can TRY and "contribute" in any way. Now i feel like a retard for posting something so dumb.
frown.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey shadowhunter don't feel bad man. I understand what you tried to do. Don't see me as an expert rom-hacker (DarthNemesis IS like the best rom-hacker I know). I appreciate what you did, don't give any excuses for something good you did. Just don't blame anyone if they don't take what you gave as the best option.

Neoxephon and I... we are trying to make a very good translation, maybe we are taking it too far, for a game that will probably get localized. At this point I'm doing it for fun and learning purposes. And I've learn a lot and Neoxephon too I believe.

Just don't feel bad man. Thanks for what you did.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really nice stuff going on :3. I already pmed golio, but if anybody can tell me in which files in the rom contain the dialogue/japanese texts, I can translate them (i'm fluent in japanese), rom hacking itself is kind of out of my league x.x, i mean if someone can point me in the correct direction to learn how to rom hack that would be cool too though xP

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please translate the text on these buttons for me:

sandymenu7.jpg

sandymenu8.jpg

sandymenu9.jpg

I found these in the same file with the other 6 menu buttons from Sandy's menu. On my game file (which isn't far in the game), I only have the first 6 translated, which are listed in the OP. These 3 are not listed.

humasect

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
neoxephon said:

sandymenu7.jpg

sandymenu8.jpg

sandymenu9.jpg

I found these in the same file with the other 6 menu buttons from Sandy's menu. On my game file (which isn't far in the game), I only have the first 6 translated, which are listed in the OP. These 3 are not listed.

Oops, these are spoilers for me =)

1, Remebered party members
2, First clear time data (not clearing any data -- but clear time's data.)
3, Return to travel record

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humasect said:
neoxephon said:

sandymenu7.jpg

sandymenu8.jpg

sandymenu9.jpg

Oops, these are spoilers for me =)

1, Remebered party members
2, First clear time data (not clearing any data -- but clear time's data.)
3, Return to travel record

Very minor, if at all.
wink.gif

Thanks a bunch for the translations, one more part done thanks to you.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!