Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 844,990
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS 9.1 Here.

I'm trying to dump Xorpads for region swapping but it fails citing a lack of "NCCHIFO.bin".
What is the most likely cause and how can it be resolved?
U need to generate that file to dump the xorpads its a py script for pc drop the rom onto the py script then place that file on the root of the 3dss sd card

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
N3DS 9.1 Here.

I'm trying to dump Xorpads for region swapping but it fails citing a lack of "NCCHIFO.bin".
What is the most likely cause and how can it be resolved?
you need to install Python v2.7 first.
Look inside the "scripts" folder. Drag and drop your rom onto "ncchinfo_gen.py" and a ncchinfo.bin will be generated. Copy that file to the SD card.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need to generate that file to dump the xorpads its a py script for pc drop the rom onto the py script then place that file on the root of the 3dss sd card
You need to generate that file with something like Simple CIA converter

you need to install Python v2.7 first.
Look inside the "scripts" folder. Drag and drop your rom onto "ncchinfo_gen.py" and a ncchinfo.bin will be generated. Copy that file to the SD card.

I should've been clearer. It's for my NAND region swap, not a game dump.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The 3DS freezes when it's starting. Usually while it's displaying those numbers.

BootCtr doesn't give me that problem.

Do you mean when your 3ds initially boots, before the bottom screen turns yellow,pink,etc.? Then that would be a menuhax problem. Also, use the latest version or CtrBootManager, since I updated, I have a 100% boot rate in CtrBootManager, altough it fails sometimes in menuhax boot (Freezes on yellow screen).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 I was wondering if something could be added to your release(not sure if this has been asked before or not).

Sometimes when using your CIA Decryptor to cryptofix some CIAs I fix multiple CIAs at once which works fine, ocassionally like last night for example one of the CIAs fails to decrypt (due to a problem with the CIA, nothing to do with Decrypt9), if I haven't watched the process I have to look through the log on my sd card to see which one failed.
Would it be possible to make the top screen scrollable so the error can be viewed on the console?
If you want that now, check my source code on Github and compile it yourself. Or wait for a release by me ;).

One more question to save me going through the past posts - is the NCCH/NCSD Decryptor supposed to work on titles dumped via CDN to 3DS?
I have tried a few times with different titles & different Decrypt9 releases including the latest & I always end up with a white square instead of the game image on Gateway latest firmware & emuNAND
Guess that already has been answered. Decrypt9 decrypts those just fine, the problem is in GW. Nothing much that can be done about that. And f.... annoying for GW users. You also don't have any way of displaying manuals from (formerly) seed encrypted games (try it if you don't believe it)

Xorpad Generator > CTRNAND
(there's that EmuNAND option there, I dunno why though... I always used the same xorpad for both)
Um... EmuNAND option for XORpads? Not in my build of of Decrypt9 :D. If you mean EmuNAND Options -> Partition Dump -> CTRNAND, that dumps the decrypted partition, not a XORpad. And yes, of course the XORpad is the same for EmuNAND and SysNAND!

Reactions: Cha0s Em3rald

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally, a proper release again. And possibly the last one this year. Here's what's new:
  • Vastly improved title detection routines for H&S injection
  • Different unlock sequences for SysNAND / EmuNAND writing for additional safety
  • Hidden batch screenshot feature included (left/right + X)
  • Show total SD size and EmuNAND type in main menu
  • Allow dumping/injecting the updatesave file
  • Added scrolling and screenshot (X button) feature for debug output
  • Added code for theming Decrypt9
  • Added various improvements and additional safety clamps
  • Improved the code structure
As you see, this release is mainly focused on additional safety, imporvement of existing features and cosmetics. Have fun testing (and using) this!

Scrolling and screenshots for debug output work only after the processing is finished, not while Decrypt9 processes the current operation. The improved title detection means that H&S can now be injected on basically any 3DS, except for a few isolated cases were GW has royally messed up the SysNAND.

For the updatesave read here and the previous pages, too. Also check out my new EmuNAND9Tool - testers here know that part of that was initially in unreleased Decrypt9WIP.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the new release. Also, is there a way to power off without having to restart?In previous releases SELECT was used for that, but now is used to Unmount SD (Awesome feature BTW).

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the new release. Also, is there a way to power off without having to restart?In previous releases SELECT was used for that, but now is used to Unmount SD (Awesome feature BTW).
DPad Left + Start = PowerOff

(I always add this to the main.c before I compile so I remember the key-code)
Code:
        DrawStringF(menublock_x0, menublock_y1 + 20, top_screen, "SELECT          : Unmount SD");
        DrawStringF(menublock_x0, menublock_y1 + 30, top_screen, "START           : Reboot");
        DrawStringF(menublock_x0, menublock_y1 + 40, top_screen, "DPad_Left+START : Shutdown");

Last edited by Datalogger,
Reactions: darklinkpower

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
@d0k3 i think the SD Space / Emunand string is too long or something...

Nol6BMH.png

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 i think the SD Space / Emunand string is too long or something...
Already fixed that, take a look at my Github. By the way, the screenshot feature proves useful again! :)

@everyone: Are there any features that you would like to see in Decrypt9? Or, possibly, something that needs fixing or should work differently? This is what I have planned at the moment:
  • Injecting into any sysapp instead of just H&S (unsure) - this is actually not difficult to do, but bears a lot of bricking potential for noobs. Also, it might be questionable if users would actually use this. There are useless system apps other than H&S, but those might be somehow ingrained more deeply in the system. Also, do we need to replace more than one sysapp to inject to? I also thought about using this for simple mods of, f.e. the settings app or the like.
  • Provide a simple file name selection for dump & inject features - allowing the user to decide the filename for the file to dump or inject. Might make things a lot more complicated for the users. If not this, I'd need at least a way of fixing the current name scheming / behaviour. Think about ticket.db for SysNAND and ticket_emu.db for EmuNAND. When injecting to the EmuNAND, which of the two should be chosen? On the other hand, you want different names, so that you can dump both (SysNAND / EmuNAND) at once. Ideas for that are welcome.
  • Vastly improve the SD decryptor feature - the way this works now, you have to copy the files to decrypt to a certain folder, and also keep the correct folder strcuture. This is a feat not even easily accomplished with CTRXplorer. The way it should work is, let the user select what to decrypt, then copy that automagically to the work folder and decrypt it from there. Same for the SD xorpad generator.
  • Add a NDS .tad decryptor feature (or NDS SD decryptor) (unsure) - as requested by @zoogie . Problem here is: the DSiBrew article doesn't provide enough information to actually decrypt it, and I don't have data to test on (the test data must be tested on the same 3DS they cam from). If at least test data was available, decryption could be tested with a handful of different configurations until the correct one is found (unsure if that is doable, too).
  • Finally add an actually useful readme - self explaining I guess. And help for that would be greatly appreciated.
Feedback on my ideas and maybe other ideas are appreciated!

Last edited by d0k3,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Already fixed that, take a look at my Github. By the way, the screenshot proves useful again! :)

@everyone: Are there any features that you would like to see in Decrypt9? Or, possibly, something that needs fixing or should work differently? This is what I have planned at the moment:
  • Injecting into any sysapp instead of just H&S (unsure) - this is actually not difficult to do, but bears a lot of bricking potential for noobs. Also, it might be questionable if users would actually use this. There are useless system apps other than H&S, but those might be somehow ingrained more deeply in the system. Also, do we need to replace more than one sysapp to inject to? I also thought about using this for simple mods of, f.e. the settings app or the like.
  • Provide a simple file name selection for dump & inject features - allowing the user to decide the filename for the file to dump or inject. Might make things a lot more complicated for the users. If not this, I'd need at least a way of fixing the current name scheming / behaviour. Think about ticket.db for SysNAND and ticket_emu.db for EmuNAND. When injecting to the EmuNAND, which of the two should be chosen? On the other hand, you want different names, so that you can dump both (SysNAND / EmuNAND) at once. Ideas for that are welcome.
  • Vastly improve the SD decryptor feature - the way this works now, you have to copy the files to decrypt to a certain folder, and also keep the correct folder strcuture. This is a feat not even easily accomplished with CTRXplorer. The way it should work is, let the user select what to decrypt, then copy that automagically to the work folder and decrypt it from there. Same for the SD xorpad generator.
  • Add a NDS .tad decryptor feature (or NDS SD decryptor) (unsure) - as requested by @zoogie . Problem here is: the DSiBrew article doesn't provide enough information to actually decrypt it, and I don't have data to test on (the test data must be tested on the same 3DS they cam from). If at least test data was available, decryption could be tested with a handful of different configurations until the correct one is found (unsure if that is doable, too).
  • Finally add an actually useful readme - self explaining I guess. And help for that would be greatly appreciated.
Feedback on my ideas and maybe other ideas are appreciated!
wd it be possible to add mset support similar to your other tool emuNAND9 tool....wd be appreciated.....and loads dead easily ......course if its possible.......but great tool and thank you for it.....

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wd it be possible to add mset support similar to your other tool emuNAND9 tool....wd be appreciated.....and loads dead easily ......course if its possible.......but great tool and thank you for it.....
That is already in there... for a long time :). Just download from the opening post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack