Hacking Download a game update manually?

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I didn't found good tool on linux for downloading game update,so maybe it is possible to download them from Ninti's server and installing them? Thank.

D

Deleted User

An easier way to install game updates is by using NNU-Patcher (available in the definitive package, and from the Homebrew App Store).
If you are on the latest firmware (5.5.1) or have spoofed to the latest firmware, just fire up NNU-Patcher, and launch the game you need to update.
No modifications to DNS settings are necessary (no need to disable TubeHax).

Reactions: 7Robins

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using opendns, are you sure for this? The eshop need these url to access to the server,no? No need to link it,but thank!

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like @CreeperMario said, if you're on 5.5.1, or are spoofed to that version, you can fire up NNUPatcher and click on the game to download the update. Then just reboot your console after it's finished. No need to disable DNS. And I think there's no risk of downloading an update anyways, since you'll either not have one available, or the console will think you're already on the latest.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like @CreeperMario said, if you're on 5.5.1, or are spoofed to that version, you can fire up NNUPatcher and click on the game to download the update. Then just reboot your console after it's finished. No need to disable DNS. And I think there's no risk of downloading an update anyways, since you'll either not have one available, or the console will think you're already on the latest.
NNU Patcher only works for updates if you bought the game from the eshop. Disc games on a lower firmware than 5.5.1 require WUP Installer for updating

Reactions: Deleted User

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about non spoofed 5.3.2 users, is NUSgrabber still the tool to use? Last I checked it wasn't working anymore. Just want to know, so next time I go for some game updates.

Also if I already have game updates merged into the content folder from back in the day, would that get in the way of game updates placed in a separate updates folder?

Last edited by MattKimura,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just fire up NNU-Patcher, and launch the game you need to update.
Ahh, I never thought about it.
it works on spoofed consoles too ? as long as the DNS blocks the system update, it's safe to test.

I find it weird that NNU is needed on a 5.5.1 console, its supposed to bypass the check for new update available, but there's no new update so eshop should work without the patch. It probably prevent trying to access NUS before eshop?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I never thought about it.
it works on spoofed consoles too ? as long as the DNS blocks the system update, it's safe to test.

I find it weird that NNU is needed on a 5.5.1 console, its supposed to bypass the check for new update available, but there's no new update so eshop should work without the patch. It probably prevent trying to access NUS before eshop?
Using NNU on 5.5.1 is basically so that you don't have to disable your DNS to update the game. I'm not entirely sure on whether having NNU activated with DNS would allow a system update to be downloaded and installed. I think NNU does also work if you're spoofed, but since my console is already on 5.5.1, I can't test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E