Download a game update manually?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mariogamer, Jul 10, 2016.

1. mariogamer
    OP

mariogamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    Hi,
    I didn't found good tool on linux for downloading game update,so maybe it is possible to download them from Ninti's server and installing them? Thank.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Use NUSGrabber for updates iirc

3. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    proflayton123 likes this.
  4. mariogamer
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    I forgotten JNUSTool yes sorry.

5. mariogamer
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    I have to download encrypted file to install trought WUPinstaller?

6. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Yes. This your simply updating via your WiiU (at least when you're anyway on 5.5.1)

7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    An easier way to install game updates is by using NNU-Patcher (available in the definitive package, and from the Homebrew App Store).
    If you are on the latest firmware (5.5.1) or have spoofed to the latest firmware, just fire up NNU-Patcher, and launch the game you need to update.
    No modifications to DNS settings are necessary (no need to disable TubeHax).

7Robins likes this.
  8. mariogamer
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    I'm using opendns, are you sure for this? The eshop need these url to access to the server,no? No need to link it,but thank!

9. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Like @CreeperMario said, if you're on 5.5.1, or are spoofed to that version, you can fire up NNUPatcher and click on the game to download the update. Then just reboot your console after it's finished. No need to disable DNS. And I think there's no risk of downloading an update anyways, since you'll either not have one available, or the console will think you're already on the latest.

10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    NNU Patcher only works for updates if you bought the game from the eshop. Disc games on a lower firmware than 5.5.1 require WUP Installer for updating

CreeperMario likes this.
  11. 7Robins

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Hmm, makes sense. Then I guess NNU works only for disc games if you're on 5.5.1.

CreeperMario likes this.
  12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    LOL if you're on 5.5.1 you can just turn off tube hax long enough to go online and do the update. No need to use NNU.

CreeperMario likes this.
  13. 7Robins

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    NNU is flashier. :P

CreeperMario and Net-KILLER like this.
  14. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    What about non spoofed 5.3.2 users, is NUSgrabber still the tool to use? Last I checked it wasn't working anymore. Just want to know, so next time I go for some game updates.

Also if I already have game updates merged into the content folder from back in the day, would that get in the way of game updates placed in a separate updates folder?

Last edited by MattKimura, Jul 11, 2016
  15. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Ahh, I never thought about it.
    it works on spoofed consoles too ? as long as the DNS blocks the system update, it's safe to test.

I find it weird that NNU is needed on a 5.5.1 console, its supposed to bypass the check for new update available, but there's no new update so eshop should work without the patch. It probably prevent trying to access NUS before eshop?

16. 7Robins

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Using NNU on 5.5.1 is basically so that you don't have to disable your DNS to update the game. I'm not entirely sure on whether having NNU activated with DNS would allow a system update to be downloaded and installed. I think NNU does also work if you're spoofed, but since my console is already on 5.5.1, I can't test.