Hacking Downgrading and eShop purchases questions...

AmoDelQueso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey y'all
I finally got around to stop lurking and make a post since i can't find an straight answer.
I've been wanting to downgrade my 9.2 3ds and I would like to know: Does downgrading do anything to eshop/virtual console games? Am i going to lose my progress? I'm aware of the 6.x encryption problem, but i want to know if they'll get deleted and if I end up restoring to 9.2, would i be able to play them just as before?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a gateway card? You can access your eshop/virtual console games with emunand without a problem

Just make sure you format your 3ds with the sd card removed once you set up emunand.

AmoDelQueso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, I don't have gateway, but downgrading can be done via browser exploit only, right?
I'm planning to downgrade, install CFW and get EmuNAND with this guide, and buy gateway when i save up enough.
I read that the downgrade only touches some titles, so it should not really do anything to downloaded ones and i'm just getting worried over nothing...
btw, restoring completely overwrites the NAND with the backup correct? so everything should work just as before downgrade?
Sorry if it's unclear or it seems i already know the answers, i'm only making sure so i don't ruin it, i would hate for my ocarina 3ds to get bricked...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the first thing you do before you start messing with your console is backup your SD card, backup your nand, store said backups in a safe place, only once you have your backups do you go downgrading , should you loose any saves/games and want them back you would be able to restore your nand dump, and format your SD and restore your SD card contents and you would be right back where you left off.....should you brick your 3DS for whatever reason, be prepare to have to get a hardmod done to it to have the nand backup restored, but bricking is pretty rare, and aslong as you follow all the guidelines, i would say pretty much fool proof

AmoDelQueso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok then, so it's proceed with caution for this then. Yeah i think i've read the guide over a couple times since i couldn't downgrade, because I had to rescue my live pokedex from eshop pokemon Y. Gonna try it later today.
Thanks to both of you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...