Hacking Downgraded my N3DS to 9.2.0.20...now what?

rakichaneru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit I haven't really kept up with the 3DS scene, since I already had a Sky3DS, but the recent block of Sky3DS (I already know about the +) coupled with the ability to downgrade prompted me to do so.

Well I got that out of the way and I believe it worked, my system tools say I'm on 9.2, but I'm honestly at a loss as to what to do next. I see a lot of terms thrown around like rxTools, emuNAND/sysNAND, etc. I'm not going to pussyfoot around. I want to install .cias for games I don't own and play them. How do I get to there from here?

I don't need a step by step guide, but a roadmap would be nice. Like, first install that, then install this, then do that. I can research the specifics of those myself, I'm just at a loss as to where to start. I have the SD cards, a Sky3DS, and the aforementioned N3DS on 9.2. What now?

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I admit I haven't really kept up with the 3DS scene, since I already had a Sky3DS, but the recent block of Sky3DS (I already know about the +) coupled with the ability to downgrade prompted me to do so.

Well I got that out of the way and I believe it worked, my system tools say I'm on 9.2, but I'm honestly at a loss as to what to do next. I see a lot of terms thrown around like rxTools, emuNAND/sysNAND, etc. I'm not going to pussyfoot around. I want to install .cias for games I don't own and play them. How do I get to there from here?

I don't need a step by step guide, but a roadmap would be nice. Like, first install that, then install this, then do that. I can research the specifics of those myself, I'm just at a loss as to where to start. I have the SD cards, a Sky3DS, and the aforementioned N3DS on 9.2. What now?

I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade, afraid of a brick.. How did you do it? Also a N3DS 10.3.28E

rakichaneru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade, afraid of a brick.. How did you do it? Also a N3DS 10.3.28E

I used Ninjhax with Sky3DS and followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

It took a couple tries to get it to work but in the end it was successful. Just make sure you follow every step carefully. If you don't have access to ninjhax you'll have to use a different method like browserhax/ironhax, but I can't really help you with those.

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used Ninjhax with Sky3DS and followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

It took a couple tries to get it to work but in the end it was successful. Just make sure you follow every step carefully. If you don't have access to ninjhax you'll have to use a different method like browserhax/ironhax, but I can't really help you with those.

Yeah thanks, I'll try it over the weekend. I got ninjhax so hopefully it will be without problems

rakichaneru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks, I'll try it over the weekend. I got ninjhax so hopefully it will be without problems

Sooner is better, the reason I jumped now was because once 10.4 drops if you get a softbrick you're done. I didn't get one, but I figure the process is pretty well mapped out at this point and as safe as it's going to be, and I didn't want to miss out like I did when I first got my N3DS and had to update it to system transfer from my old 3DS.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

use browserhax to set up menuhax/emunand. then use reinand since they now support 10.3 emunand, unlike rxtools.

jamiealvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I have been reccomended to ask here.
Just updated my 3ds to ofw 10.3
Apparently I need to downgrade to 9.2
What is the best tutorial for hacking without a game?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission