Downgraded my N3DS to 9.2.0.20...now what?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rakichaneru, Jan 14, 2016.

1. rakichaneru
    OP

rakichaneru GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I admit I haven't really kept up with the 3DS scene, since I already had a Sky3DS, but the recent block of Sky3DS (I already know about the +) coupled with the ability to downgrade prompted me to do so.

Well I got that out of the way and I believe it worked, my system tools say I'm on 9.2, but I'm honestly at a loss as to what to do next. I see a lot of terms thrown around like rxTools, emuNAND/sysNAND, etc. I'm not going to pussyfoot around. I want to install .cias for games I don't own and play them. How do I get to there from here?

I don't need a step by step guide, but a roadmap would be nice. Like, first install that, then install this, then do that. I can research the specifics of those myself, I'm just at a loss as to where to start. I have the SD cards, a Sky3DS, and the aforementioned N3DS on 9.2. What now?

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Use the tutorial you see in my signature and you're good to go.

rakichaneru likes this.
  3. KiseDC

KiseDC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    wurstpistole and rakichaneru like this.
  4. rakichaneru
    OP

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Well, that was fast. Thanks for the quick reply.

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Oh and sell your sky3ds afterwards, you won't need it anymore. :D

6. Mustaa

Mustaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Netherlands
    I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade, afraid of a brick.. How did you do it? Also a N3DS 10.3.28E

7. rakichaneru
    OP

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I used Ninjhax with Sky3DS and followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

It took a couple tries to get it to work but in the end it was successful. Just make sure you follow every step carefully. If you don't have access to ninjhax you'll have to use a different method like browserhax/ironhax, but I can't really help you with those.

8. Mustaa

Mustaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah thanks, I'll try it over the weekend. I got ninjhax so hopefully it will be without problems

9. rakichaneru
    OP

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Sooner is better, the reason I jumped now was because once 10.4 drops if you get a softbrick you're done. I didn't get one, but I figure the process is pretty well mapped out at this point and as safe as it's going to be, and I didn't want to miss out like I did when I first got my N3DS and had to update it to system transfer from my old 3DS.

10. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    use browserhax to set up menuhax/emunand. then use reinand since they now support 10.3 emunand, unlike rxtools.

11. jamiealvis

jamiealvis Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hi all.

I have been reccomended to ask here.
    Just updated my 3ds to ofw 10.3
    Apparently I need to downgrade to 9.2
    What is the best tutorial for hacking without a game?

Cheers