Hacking Downgraded and got RedNAND running

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, however, did NOT install arm9loaderhax. I'd like to test installing a Cia file using FBI. Am I ready?
I'm currently on CFW.

Also, how would I inject FBI into Health&Safety, like I would using Rxtools? Can I do that, or do I have to use Homebrew?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do people keep installing EMUNAND If they didn't read the guide? If they read all of the guide they would know this. Am i to assume people get to certain parts of the guide and just decide to ask questions already covered in the guide but because they was too impatient to continue reading past the desired point they just don't know, come here asking for help and get told to follow the same guide they started with?:unsure:

Either that or they are watching youtube videos without explaining everything ot the full process. :mellow:

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read completely everything from the site, but the reason I'm asking is because they are mentioning a firmware that I have nothing to do with from part 4 and onward. So I'm asking if I'm done or if I keep going. I downgraded to 9.2, but its mentioning 2.1, and I'm confused. I'm bad at understanding written tutorials.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are planning to install a9lh on yout system, then follow the whole tutorial. If you are happy with the emunand set up then stop there and just continue using that if you are comfortable. What is it you wish to do?:)

You said you want to use install cia files on the emunand right? First you must use decrypt9 to inject health and saftey to the emunand as explanied in the guide. Then you can use fbi installer to install cia files in emunand, if you set up the custom firmware correctly in the emunand.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm just really nervous about continuing. I wanna be able to install games and such, using FBI. That's pretty much it. But I'm not sure is al9h is important for anything I don't know of. Could I install Cia files from Homebrew without using Decrypt9 or injecting anything?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do people keep installing EMUNAND If they didn't read the guide? If they read all of the guide they would know this. Am i to assume people get to certain parts of the guide and just decide to ask questions already covered in the guide but because they was too impatient to continue reading past the desired point they just don't know, come here asking for help and get told to follow the same guide they started with?:unsure:

Either that or they are watching youtube videos without explaining everything ot the full process. :mellow:
It also doesn't help that the FBI injection is in Part 4 of the guide. Some people don't even want A9LH and they skip Part 4 so they don't know how to install CIAs. If the injection part was in Part 3, these kinds of questions could probably be avoided. But no, the injection is in Part 4, which the people using emuNAND and sysNAND don't even look at.

Well, I'm just really nervous about continuing. I wanna be able to install games and such, using FBI. That's pretty much it. But I'm not sure is al9h is important for anything I don't know of. Could I install Cia files from Homebrew without using Decrypt9 or injecting anything?
No, you need to use Decrypt9 and inject FBI.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: MochaMilk

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also doesn't help that the FBI injection is in Part 4 of the guide. Some people don't even want A9LH so they don't know how to install CIAs. If the injection part was in Part 3, these kinds of questions could probably be avoided. But no, the injection is in Part 4, which the people using emuNAND and sysNAND don't even look at.

No, you need to use Decrypt9 and inject FBI.
The reason I was unsure about it is because it is titled "2.1.0 Downgrade" when I had already gone through "9.2.0 Downgrade".
So it looked as if I'd be repeating steps, or following a tutorial for something I on't want.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also doesn't help that the FBI injection is in Part 4 of the guide. Some people don't even want A9LH so they don't know how to install CIAs. If the injection part was in Part 3, these kinds of questions could probably be avoided. But no, the injection is in Part 4, which the people using emuNAND and sysNAND don't even look at.

That is what i mean, is that if people read the whole guide the answers they would ask are already there instead of having someone here repeat what is already there and could been answered simply. For all i know, i dunno what people are doing with the guide, and perhaps maybe bricking their systems cause they aren't reading things all the way. Is different if people can't understand something, which i assume is more than 50% people using the guide, but i didn't know is was this bad. I just think people are impaitent and probably need all questons answered on one page before doing anything. (There is a page is called a FAQ and it is there) But does anyone read it? I wonder :unsure:

The reason I was unsure about it is because it is titled "2.1.0 Downgrade" when I had already gone through "9.2.0 Downgrade".
So it looked as if I'd be repeating steps, or following a tutorial for something I on't want.
If you don't use decryp9, you cannot install fbi installer, So you can't install cia files, so no. If you don't use it, you can't get what you want, you understand now? :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's understandable. Downgrading your emuNAND is a part of the A9LH set up. But don't worry, injecting you only have to use Decrypt9 and what I said to do earlier. You don't have to downgrade.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing first, make sure you have EMUNAND back ups before doing stuff like this just in case.
Second. You should install the custom firmware to the emunand also. (Everyone recommends LUMA CFW) But here is a Guide that was made by @Crystal the Glaceon on choosing your CFW Setup :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

And finally, use decrypt9 to inject FBI installer into H&S TO istall CIA FILES

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...