Downgraded and got RedNAND running

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by coon-strudel, Jul 17, 2016.

1. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I, however, did NOT install arm9loaderhax. I'd like to test installing a Cia file using FBI. Am I ready?
    I'm currently on CFW.

Also, how would I inject FBI into Health&Safety, like I would using Rxtools? Can I do that, or do I have to use Homebrew?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Follow steps 9-17 under Section I - Prep Work in this guide to inject FBI into H&S. You'll need to download the latest release of FBI and Universal Inject Generator, all of which are linked to in the guide.

Lia likes this.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    How do people keep installing EMUNAND If they didn't read the guide? If they read all of the guide they would know this. Am i to assume people get to certain parts of the guide and just decide to ask questions already covered in the guide but because they was too impatient to continue reading past the desired point they just don't know, come here asking for help and get told to follow the same guide they started with?:unsure:

Either that or they are watching youtube videos without explaining everything ot the full process. :mellow:

4. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I read completely everything from the site, but the reason I'm asking is because they are mentioning a firmware that I have nothing to do with from part 4 and onward. So I'm asking if I'm done or if I keep going. I downgraded to 9.2, but its mentioning 2.1, and I'm confused. I'm bad at understanding written tutorials.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If you are planning to install a9lh on yout system, then follow the whole tutorial. If you are happy with the emunand set up then stop there and just continue using that if you are comfortable. What is it you wish to do?:)

You said you want to use install cia files on the emunand right? First you must use decrypt9 to inject health and saftey to the emunand as explanied in the guide. Then you can use fbi installer to install cia files in emunand, if you set up the custom firmware correctly in the emunand.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 17, 2016
  6. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Well, I'm just really nervous about continuing. I wanna be able to install games and such, using FBI. That's pretty much it. But I'm not sure is al9h is important for anything I don't know of. Could I install Cia files from Homebrew without using Decrypt9 or injecting anything?

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It also doesn't help that the FBI injection is in Part 4 of the guide. Some people don't even want A9LH and they skip Part 4 so they don't know how to install CIAs. If the injection part was in Part 3, these kinds of questions could probably be avoided. But no, the injection is in Part 4, which the people using emuNAND and sysNAND don't even look at.

No, you need to use Decrypt9 and inject FBI.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jul 17, 2016
    coon-strudel likes this.
  8. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    The reason I was unsure about it is because it is titled "2.1.0 Downgrade" when I had already gone through "9.2.0 Downgrade".
    So it looked as if I'd be repeating steps, or following a tutorial for something I on't want.

9. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    That is what i mean, is that if people read the whole guide the answers they would ask are already there instead of having someone here repeat what is already there and could been answered simply. For all i know, i dunno what people are doing with the guide, and perhaps maybe bricking their systems cause they aren't reading things all the way. Is different if people can't understand something, which i assume is more than 50% people using the guide, but i didn't know is was this bad. I just think people are impaitent and probably need all questons answered on one page before doing anything. (There is a page is called a FAQ and it is there) But does anyone read it? I wonder :unsure:

If you don't use decryp9, you cannot install fbi installer, So you can't install cia files, so no. If you don't use it, you can't get what you want, you understand now? :)

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's understandable. Downgrading your emuNAND is a part of the A9LH set up. But don't worry, injecting you only have to use Decrypt9 and what I said to do earlier. You don't have to downgrade.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    First thing first, make sure you have EMUNAND back ups before doing stuff like this just in case.
    Second. You should install the custom firmware to the emunand also. (Everyone recommends LUMA CFW) But here is a Guide that was made by @Crystal the Glaceon on choosing your CFW Setup :)
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

And finally, use decrypt9 to inject FBI installer into H&S TO istall CIA FILES

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  12. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    FBI is installed into H&S. What next?

13. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    CONGLATURATION! :toot:
    I guess you got what you wanted. Did you set up CFW?:mellow:

14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Install your CIAs on your emuNAND. :) That's all it takes!

15. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Yes, it's all set up. Thank you all for everything! ^^

16. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Good, now that is out the way. PLEASE POST NOOB QUESTIONS IN THE NOOB TOPIC POST FORUM. :mellow:

17. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I apologize for posting in the wrong fourm. Still geting used to this site's rules and options. ^^;