doom

by elhobbs Dec 25, 2014 at 1:42 AM 133,000 Views 857 replies
  1. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Have all of the wads in the same folder, if you're referring to 1, 2 and Final.

2. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Alright so I put doom 1, doom 2, Plutonia, and the one that starts with a t in the same folder, only doom 2 will start, it reads that wad first and doesn't read the other ones. Plus is there a cia version of this

3. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Benja81 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
  4. mike a

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Well the .3dsx version works, but the cia cia doesnt

5. elhobbs
    OP

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    If you are adventurous then try the version I built recently and put directly in the git repository. Both the 3dsx and the cia work on my 3ds.
    You will need to scroll down to see prboom3ds.cia
    https://github.com/elhobbs/prboom3ds?files=1

emuashui and Tarmfot like this.
  6. coinblock

coinblock GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2015
    Hey @elhobbs, can you check out doom_weapon_toggles? It seems to be always enabled even if turned off in-game or in prboom.cfg.

7. mike a

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    the cia still didn't work lol

8. elhobbs
    OP

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Your description of the problem also doesn’t work. If you provide no details then no one can help you. In what way does it not work? Error message? Blank screen? Colored screen? Freezes? New/old 2ds/3ds? Firmware version? Hax installed?

9. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2009
    A couple of requests actually-are you able to post a version where the sound isn’t 0.1 seconds late please? - I’m running it on a new3ds and it may be able to handle it (then again it may not)

Secondly it would be great if you could add support for Sigil! It just won’t recognise the wad on the wad select screen.

Thanks again!

10. elhobbs
    OP

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    I already posted a link to this version - a couple posts up. It has not been tested thoroughly so no promises.
    I do not have sigil myself, but my understanding is that it is not a standalone game and should be loaded as a pwad. You can do this through the menu. I am also not sure if prboom2.5 can load all/any of the levels. There is or will be a compatibility wad that should be playable if the full version is not. Either way let me know if you are able to get it to run.

11. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2009
    Thank you - I’ll report back!

12. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2009
    Ok Sigil works - but you have to use the ‘sigil_compat’ version. The music isn’t loading though (which is a shame as it is really good!)

Difficult to tell if the sound is ‘faster’ - I think it is but that could just be my brain expecting it to be!

Attached Files:

13. elhobbs
    OP

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    I think the music for sigil is mp3 so it not playing is to be expected.
    The sound is still delayed. It is now 1/20 of a second late instead of 1/10 of a second. But it feels a little less noticeable to me - but that could be just because I am expecting it to be :)

14. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2009
    1/20th of a second- that makes sense: I was pretty sure it was better but not quite 100% perfect - but it ‘feels’ better to the point where I don’t notice it during gameplay now so thank you

15. mike a

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Well ok, I installed the cia and it says choose game, and there's nothing to there, but I have the wads in he prboom or whatever folder that it said to do in the instructions. But the 3dsx version does work. I can't even press the home button to get out of the cia, I have to hard reset the whole system

16. elhobbs
    OP

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    The path for the cia version is hard coded to “/3ds/prboom3ds/“ as indicated in the instructions. The 3dsx version will work from any directory as this can be determined at startup. The cia version cannot do this - hence the hardcoded path.
    Move or copy the wad files to the correct path and it will work.

17. mike a

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Alright I'll try it again, thanks, guess I must not have named it correctly I guess

18. Lemmingscanfly

Lemmingscanfly Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2018
    Canada
    Mount Olympus
    Am I able to play Hexen.wad on the new release? it doesn't show up when I go to choose a game.

19. elhobbs
    OP

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
  20. Lemmingscanfly

Lemmingscanfly Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2018
    Canada
    Mount Olympus
    My mistake, I remembered them being the same app before.
    That being said when trying to launch hexen with that I get an error that says SKY1 not found

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted