Homebrew doom

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no examples, just asking if anyone else knows a way, i cant see where it would be impossible to do this though.
I was not saying it was impossible. I was saying that I do not believe anyone knows how to do it in homebrew. I would like to be proved wrong though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The default banner and icon gave the usual homebrew-like sound when there's no specific sound assigned when starting the app, those ones have proper Doom sounds and graphics.
As for source, what exactly do you mean?
Both banner.bin and icon.png are not code themselves but rather sound and graphics only, unless I'm missing something.
it looked like the pull request only included the bin file. By source I meant the original banner and icon image files as well as the wav file for the sound. I am looking from my phone so bear with me if I am mistaken.
Edit: and at no point did I say "source code". I said "source". As in the input files for creating the banner.

Last edited by elhobbs,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was not saying it was impossible. I was saying that I do not believe anyone knows how to do it in homebrew. I would like to be proved wrong though.

it looked like the pull request only included the bin file. By source I meant the original banner and icon image files as well as the wav file for the sound. I am looking from my phone so bear with me if I am mistaken.
Edit: and at no point did I say "source code". I said "source". As in the input files for creating the banner.
Oh those!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
@democracy is the one who made them, so hopefully he could provide the original image and wav file forthe banner.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh those!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
@democracy is the one who made them, so hopefully he could provide the original image and wav file forthe banner.
I'll have to check but I dont believe I have the source files anymore... I think I did aciddently deleted them a long time ago. As of recent ive just been extracting the banner from existing and moving to new.

its a pitty because the hardest thing to do was to get that bloddy sound sample to work, has to be just the right size and lots of trail and error involved in getting it to work.

anyone have the skills to extract the source from the files I provided?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@ShadowOne333 @elhobbs
I think this may be the source your after?
https://mega.nz/#!TVhAWSpJ!8NZONkE9QagaaVbJpkmRRkqoLth3gAUOTZHQhiUA30k

Reactions: ShadowOne333

TarableCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just added CPadPro support to my project, it's actually just a call to irrstCstickRead() since it seems all the necessary setup is already done by libctru.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i run wads with this? wads = map packs
Maybe. You can run specify pwads in the menu - the pwad goes in the /3ds/prboom3ds directory. If the pwad requires an enhanced doom engine than it is not going to work. Unless you modify the code to support the engine enhancement :)

D

Deleted User

Maybe. You can run specify pwads in the menu - the pwad goes in the /3ds/prboom3ds directory. If the pwad requires an enhanced doom engine than it is not going to work. Unless you modify the code to support the engine enhancement :)
my c-stick won't work with a camera control or mouse control it says its enabled but when i move it nothing happens

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my c-stick won't work with a camera control or mouse control it says its enabled but when i move it nothing happens
Not sure what you mean by it says it is enabled. The c-stick is currently implemented as distinct events for up, down, left, and right. As such it can be bound in the key binding menu. For instance by pressing left on the c-stick when binding the key for turning left. I am not aware of any place where some thing would indicate it as "enabled".

D

Deleted User

Not sure what you mean by it says it is enabled. The c-stick is currently implemented as distinct events for up, down, left, and right. As such it can be bound in the key binding menu. For instance by pressing left on the c-stick when binding the key for turning left. I am not aware of any place where some thing would indicate it as "enabled".
oh so i cant look up and down its just left and right?

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so i cant look up and down its just left and right?
There is no looking up/down in doom.

That being said - the c-stick can be bound to any actions - not just movement. The "up,down,left,right" I was referring to was physically pushing on the c-stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.