Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, I don't know how I missed that (\ to /) thanks
So I made this change first to the CIA build section only and got

cloud@cloud-HP-Pavilion-tx2500-Notebook-PC:~/prboom3ds-master$ make cia
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cloud/prboom3ds-master'
built ... /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/prboom3ds-master.elf /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/prboom3ds-master.cia
prboom3ds-master
arm-none-eabi-strip build_stripped.elf
/home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/resources/makerom -f cci -rsf /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/resources/gw_workaround.rsf -target d -exefslogo -elf build_stripped.elf -icon /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/resources/icon.bin -banner /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/resources/banner.bin -o /home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/prboom3ds-master.3ds
[RSF ERROR] Unrecognised Key: 'Rom'
[RSF ERROR] Error Proccessing RSF file
make[2]: *** [/home/cloud/prboom3ds-master/prboom3ds-master.cia] Error 254
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cloud/prboom3ds-master'
make: *** [cia] Error 2

So then I thought lets try gui cia builder on windows but that didn't work, it complained to say that size of elf was wrong.

So then I tried moving elf to resources folder and;
cloud@cloud-HP-Pavilion-tx2500-Notebook-PC:~/prboom3ds-master/resources$ ./makerom -elf prboom3ds-master.elf -rsf build_cia.rsf
[RSF ERROR] Unrecognised Key: 'Rom'
[RSF ERROR] Error Proccessing RSF file

and if i change all references from \ to / in the makefile i get
cloud@cloud-HP-Pavilion-tx2500-Notebook-PC:~/prboom3ds-master$ make cia
Makefile:38: *** commands commence before first target. Stop.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Update: tried doing this all in windows 7 as well, getting an error from makerom that the elf is is to large. I tried trimming the elf but still same error on make CIA.

Also, sometimes it presents me with this error and sometimes the makerom program just crashes.

I'd making a CIA really this difficult or am I a boob at this? I have spent about 10 hrs on this at this stage
:(

Last edited by democracy,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi daxtsu,

can you tell me how you build the cia from source? Im dying to know. I have tried to do that on linux, windows 7 and on vista. I can build but every time i try to build cia with makerom either makerom freeze and crash or it throuws an error about size too big or number is wrong.
@elhobbs: It looks like it's possible to use the N3DS controls in GW mode/CFWs now, just add ir:rst to the list of services in the RSF file for the CIA (according to @Steveice10 this will make the CIA unable to launch below 8.x due to lower firmwares not having ir:rst, but I would imagine most CIA users at this point are on 8.x or above) and recompile with the latest ctrulib (I'm not sure if an updated makerom is needed either, but it probably couldn't hurt). I didn't have to make any source code modifications to get it working with Doom. :)

I'll also provide a copy of the CIA I compiled here, so N3DS users who would like this in CIA format with ZL/ZR/C-stick controls, here you go.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi daxtsu,

can you tell me how you build the cia from source? Im dying to know. I have tried to do that on linux, windows 7 and on vista. I can build but every time i try to build cia with makerom either makerom freeze and crash or it throuws an error about size too big or number is wrong.
I think the devkitarm/ctrulib updates may need a newer makerom version and the that in turn needs updated rsf files.

Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, compile makerom. Rsf files are specific to the title - and in this case they don't exist yet. Feel free to make them :)
Lol, my wife is going to fire me if I spend any more time on this! Need to take a break for a while ;)

I tried to also tried to compile doom via cygwin on windows but I couldn't make elf at all with cygwin, it fails on trying to compile mixer in n3ds source.

Thanks for trying to help me with this :)

Last edited by democracy,

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my wife is going to fire me if I spend any more time on this! Need to take a break for a while ;)

I tried to also tried to compile doom via cygwin on windows but I couldn't make elf at all with cygwin, it fails on trying to compile mixer in n3ds source.

Thanks for trying to help me with this :)
Cygwin? This isn't going to compile for a Windows or Linux target. Get the original prboom source for that. I hacked this up quite a bit for it to compile for those targets.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cygwin? This isn't going to compile for a Windows or Linux target. Get the original prboom source for that. I hacked this up quite a bit for it to compile for those targets.
I'm trying to compile for new3ds only not windows or Linux. I read somewhere that using cygwin to compile vs cmd may help but it did not.

Dahlor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using rXtools and just compiled the most recent build as a CIA and have no video on the top screen. The debug log seems to be fine other than 'Sound init failed!', but there's nothing but a faint flickering on the top screen. Any ideas?

Dahlor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need prboom.wad in the root folder. Other than that, I've only tried Doom, Doom 2, and the Final Doom WADs. Those'll go in the root folder as well.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/prboom3ds-master-zip.25832/

Here's the one I've been using. Generic banner & icon, which I hope to fix when I get a response about the newest build not working for me.

snejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys,

I just would like to ask is there a way to keep/save the key bindings because everytime I quit and restart the prboom the controls are default and I have to set them all again. Please advice.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I just would like to ask is there a way to keep/save the key bindings because everytime I quit and restart the prboom the controls are default and I have to set them all again. Please advice.
Either you are using an old version or you are not quitting through the prboom menu. The current version saves the configuration when it exits properly. If you use the hax key combo to force quit or the power button it will not save the configuration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!