Homebrew doom

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hahaha - and I thought gateway was a pain in the ass to setup.
It doesn't matter if you use Gateway, rxTools or whatever because they all basically do the same thing i.e. create an EmuNAND environment within CFW. In terms of CIA compatibility there's no notable difference.

I have Gateway on my N3DS and rxTools on my O3DS. I probably prefer rxTools, but it's easier to use Gateway on a 8.1 system.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if you use Gateway, rxTools or whatever because they all basically do the same thing i.e. create an EmuNAND environment within CFW. In terms of CIA compatibility there's no notable difference.

I have Gateway on my N3DS and rxTools on my O3DS. I probably prefer rxTools, but it's easier to use Gateway on a 8.1 system.
It all goes down to your preferences and what you prefer

snejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I cannot finish the Dead Simple map in Doom 2 because the staris to exit switch don't appear and I can hear a spider still messing around somewhere. Had any of you experienced this? Also a couple of levels earlier the switch which was supposed to trigger a mechanism to crush some Barrons of Death or what they're called was crashing the game entirely. I cannot progress. Any suggestions?

Last edited by snejk,

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I cannot finish the Dead Simple map in Doom 2 because the staris to exit switch don't appear and I can hear a spider still messing around somewhere. Had any of you experienced this? Also a couple of levels earlier the switch which was supposed to trigger a mechanism to crush some Barrons of Death or what they're called was crashing the game entirely. I cannot progress. Any suggestions?

I think is some like a bug, if you using the no clipping cheat, you can found some enemies walking around the map or other walk through the door without opened.

Sorry for my bad english

snejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think is some like a bug, if you using the no clipping cheat, you can found some enemies walking around the map or other walk through the door without opened.

Ok then but how to activate the cheats since I can't acess the console with the virtual keyboard

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then but how to activate the cheats since I can't acess the console with the virtual keyboard
There is no console - you just type the cheat code on the keyboard while you are in the game. They are the standard doom cheat codes - iddqd etc.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Por lo que eh escuchado son los midis, no se escucha en versiones mejoradas, habría que probar si los soporta.

Are the MIDis songs,
Si parece ser que son las versiones en MIDI, aunque quisiera saber si este port tiene soporte para jalar las canciones de archivos OGG o de MP3.

Translation:
Yeah it looks like they're the MIDI songs, although I'd like to know if this port has OGG or MP3 music support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Dahlor were you able to finish the tweaks you were doing to the banner and icon?
I'd like to know if those could be implemented in the CIA version. :P

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Si parece ser que son las versiones en MIDI, aunque quisiera saber si este port tiene soporte para jalar las canciones de archivos OGG o de MP3.

Translation:
Yeah it looks like they're the MIDI songs, although I'd like to know if this port has OGG or MP3 music support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Dahlor were you able to finish the tweaks you were doing to the banner and icon?
I'd like to know if those could be implemented in the CIA version. :P
It plays the original mus files (similar to midi). No support for ogg or MP3.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
after installing .prdoom.cia i opened it and it says "prdoom.wad not found"

i downloaded the prdoom master and placed it in my 3ds folder.
i also placed doom.wad in root too... ideas????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :wub::evil::wub: