Hacking Doom 3 Source released, chances of a Wii port?

DRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Huge step in time, small step in advance. The texts didn't show up because of a missing __ppc__ #define (floats got unmarshalled in wrong endian, leading to 0 font scales). Mars was just drawn black. [EDIT] Oh and the buttons weren't drawing correctly because I switched intensity and alpha in GX texture conversion... I guess... Well, it works now:)

But it still has an issue. Mars actually disappears when the highlight shows up. I got around this by setting Z mode to ALWAYS for now to take the screenshot, but have to investigate what happens (though I don't think it really matters). Furthermore I connected the Wii mote's IR to the mouse input, needs some bits of tweaking I think.

So, when I add button events to it, I can see what happens when I just start the game:) I found decl manager already has a 'find or load' mechanism I spoke about earlier. It just limits to stuff that is load during map loads. So I have to unlimit it and see what happens. I found some comments that same should be possible with GUIs. If that's true it should be possible to free up about 30-40MB or so, hopefully enough to make the game work!

DRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Menu's seem to be working (didn't try to edit anything though). Mouse definately needs refinement. Starting the game ends up with a DSI exception. I closed the remote logging terminal at that point so I don't know what it tries to do when starting a new game yet.

Quite cool:)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol