Hacking dont laugh guys im still at 3.2

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, w/ 2 kids its hard to keep up but im still at 3.2 w/ a wiikey 1.9s usa ntsc and all is well( i think) still using brickblocker and most all games i have tried to play work. 1st , is anyone still at 3.2? downloaded new mario bros but what needs to be done to get it to work, i dont think ive installed and ios since say feb. and i have gekoos 1.07 002 fix i think. what do i need to update to on ios and gekoos to play new mario bros and im okey playing pal f1 2009 w/ brickblocker and gekoos right any help to update me would be greatly appreciated

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 3.2 and i don't see any reason to update. NSMBW plays fine on 3.2. Just do a quick search. there are several tutorials around that will give you all the info you need to run the game.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if your on 3.2, ur wii is probably old enough to have bootmii installed as boot2, and if this is the case, as long as u have a 3.2 backup u can update to your hearts content, and restore your 3.2 backup if u ever feel the need. That's what I've done. Currently I'm on 4.2

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, i´m on 3.2 also, like it better. Dont ask why, I cannot tell. Its all about the nostalgia I guess and all games are running and never change a running system.

I´ve been on 4.1 and 4.2 but didnt like it. I did the same like xflak, I have Nand backups from different FWs so I could "jump" between them.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok , so pls help w/ my alzheimers, (when u dont update stuff for mths u forget) do I need to just update geckos to the newest update and im fine or do i need to update ios also to play the new super mario (kids r dying to play) remember im at 3.2 w/ wiikey and all has been working (do to so many shitty games we just avoid) but mario bros wont work. From reading it looks like updating geckos will do it but not sure thanks for help

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

did this and it still wont play comes up then cant read disc, do i need to run it through a loader

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded neogamma rev 14, made new unpatched iso super mario bros, and ran through neogamma, it played for 5 min then disc error

ps when i went to run neogamma for the 1st time it did say your cios has rev 7 neogamma was written for rev14 , does this haveanything to do w/ it?

what do i need to do thanks

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
downloaded neogamma rev 14, made new unpatched iso super mario bros, and ran through neogamma, it played for 5 min then disc error

ps when i went to run neogamma for the 1st time it did say your cios has rev 7 neogamma was written for rev14 , does this haveanything to do w/ it?

what do i need to do thanks

NeoGamma is saying that you have cIOS Rev 7, and NeoGamma needs cIOSRev14.

Download the cIOS38Rev14 Installer and install it.

~modmystuff~

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to update any ios before downloading the custom ios you mentioned

here is whats been updated , to all, tell me what ios i need to be updated to to be up to snuff below is what i have installed remember im at 3.2u 1.9s wiikey not softmodded

ios38-64 v3609, ios53-64-v4113, 36-64-v1042, 38-64-v3610, and 55-64-v4633 thanks guys

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There really is no reason to stay on 3.2 anymore. You should do xzxero's simplistic mod that is stickied on the top of this forum.

You won't have to dick around with installing anything to get stuff to work, and you will gain SDHC support, and the ability to run Wiiware/VC off the SDHC cards.

The move to SD card thing alone is well worth it. Grab a 8GB SD card and you can have every Wiiware, N64, and Neo-Geo game running off the card. You will also have room to put the entire romsets for SNES, NES, Genesis, SMS, and SCUMMVM emulators. That's how I have mine and it rocks.

NightFalcon8

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm on 3.2u too. The system's running fine so there is no sufficient reasons to upgrade it.
Recently, I followed some guides and Softmodded the Wii to enable the USB Loader.
Did managed to get BootMii's boot2 installed and backed up.

Right now, I am wondering if I can just run BootMii and restore the system and do a Waninkoko downgrade to factory defaults (i.e. no HomeBrew).
Can someone enlighten me please? I've searched around but only found discussions on version 4s.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smash_brew said:
I'm still on 3.2 and i don't see any reason to update. NSMBW plays fine on 3.2. Just do a quick search. there are several tutorials around that will give you all the info you need to run the game.

Same here. I downgraded to 3.2 back when it was semi-necessary to finish softmodding, and I haven't seen a single compelling feature in any of the new sysmenus since. The only remotely nifty thing is the half-assed SD card feature and some SDHC support. There's nothing wrong with staying at 3.2 as far as I can tell.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
Well, i´m on 3.2 also, like it better. Dont ask why, I cannot tell. Its all about the nostalgia I guess and all games are running and never change a running system.

I´ve been on 4.1 and 4.2 but didnt like it. I did the same like xflak, I have Nand backups from different FWs so I could "jump" between them.

Yeah I look forward to when we have solid NAND emulation going, so you can pop in a SD card for whatever version you need. Not that you need anything other than 3.2
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7