Hardware Don't buy a RTX 3090 for gaming!

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The RTX 3090 goes on sale tomorrow, and will probably be even more limited in stock than the 3080 was last week, but if you have been waiting for this card just for gaming then you should seriously re-consider. The rumors that it isn't much of an upgrade over the 3080 have turned out to be true, and even Nvidia themselves have been forced to admit it on their own website..
For 4K gaming, the GeForce RTX 3090 is about 10-15% faster on average than the GeForce RTX 3080
Now since they have exaggerated the performance of every card so far it's safe to assume that the 15% will be in very few cases, so you will be getting a 10% boost over the 3080 for more than double the price! I really hope people aren't getting swayed by the ridiculous 24gb they slapped on this card to make everyone think it's some sort of gaming beast. It really isn't. In fact, it's been confirmed that there will be a 20gb variant of the 3080 at a later date so it makes way more sense to wait for that if you need the extra vram.

Last edited by subcon959,
D

Deleted User

How long will it be before someone really needs a 30xx anything. If you have a 20xx it can play any game today and likely for years to come, ok maybe if someone has to have every game in 4K maybe. But otherwise it's not necessary just wait until price comes down. I only have a 1650 and I can play any PC game saw the specs for Cyberpunk it's nothing, so I won't even have a problem until maybe next year.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iI Wish i had the spare cash to buy the The RTX 3080.............. oh well pay my Mortage or Buy a RTX 3080............ Pay My 2 Car Notes or Buy The RTX 3080>? .......... Feed My 6 Dogs 1 Cat & lizard & 1 Horse .. ..... or Buy The ........... Bill's always with the friggin Bill's ............ but i can still dream ! i Guess i will stick with my GTX 1080ti forever :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc