Gaming Donkey Kong Country Returns

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pointless arguments aside, is an ocarina button hack code even possible? I'm too attached to my SNES Donkey Kong controls. I finished the first world of DKCR but I think I'm gonna end it there due to the control scheme. Nunchuck + Wiimote is disgusting, and wiimote alone is tolerable if you've never played the original DKC.

Ground pound should be Down + 1 , blowing...uhh, maybe A or Z? And rolling should just be 1.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no option to use the classic controller?
frown.gif

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would want to play with classic controller, but I don't know if it's supported or not.
Ocarina button hacks...sure they are possible but not always easy.

Edit: In lieu of the above post, it probably isn't possible to hack the classic in if it's not read from by the game.

RagnarokSam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Godinster said:
RagnarokSam said:
Are any specific IOS's required for this game?
not if you buy it

thank you for your extraneous response!
smile.gif

perhaps i should specify though, do i need to have any IOS's installed if i were to play my legal backup of my purchased copy of the game.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just about done downloading now. I'm kinda worried now that I hear all these rants and raves about the Controls, is the Wii-Mote and Nunchuck really that bad? If nothing else, I'll gladly play through it with just the wiimote.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheesh, all you people complaining about controls.. just play with the Wii Remote sideways. It's damn near the same controls as the SNES trilogy. The only change being you hold left or right and shake once with Donkey Kong to do a roll (killing an enemy this way does not extend the roll time. Jumping while in roll motion gives you some nice speed), or keep shaking once you get Diddy or Rambi and just plow through people. I, honestly, don't find it horrible at all. Currently in world 6-5. Having a blast.

Oh, and you can blow on things. That's cool, I guess (Hold down, shake the Wii Remote). Again, not a hard concept.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
NatureMade said:
Just about done downloading now. I'm kinda worried now that I hear all these rants and raves about the Controls, is the Wii-Mote and Nunchuck really that bad? If nothing else, I'll gladly play through it with just the wiimote.

take your piracy talk elsewhere

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurai said:
NatureMade said:

take your piracy talk elsewhere
You do realize what website you're on right now, right? A site that lists releases of games that are available for download. Save your 'holier than thou' speeches for someone who partially deserves it. Or go play on the IGN forums or wherever...

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, finally playing, and it seems GREAT. I didn't even bother trying the Nunchuck style, the Sideways mote stile is perfect for DKC. And the shaking really is an interesting twist. Also, beg pardon my Piracy talk, I figured it was tolerable.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
been playing this non stop with wiimote+nunchuck and once you get used to shake rolling its really easy.

also i died like 20 times on a lvl and it made feel really good when i beat it something games today are lacking big time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1