• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Donald Trump announces he has COVID-19

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile we got Bill Gates saying we don't have a choice when it comes to vaccine. Who the fuck is this dude always pushing vaccines on people. Another crazy liberal. Maybe it's a conspiracy or true I don't know but I heard he doesn't even vaccinate his own kids.

So if what he's saying is true they will come to your house and stab you with a needle, which is not constitutional. Otherwise we do absolutely have a choice. A virus that kills 1-2% of people that get it, don't think so. I'm ashamed to own a PC.

I realize there'll be a vaccine and some people will want to voluntary take it that's not what I'm talking about. it's forcing everyone to take it I don't agree with. We're not china.

how many red pills ya on now buddy?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

I hope you grow a brain one day. "Far right" dont lie like your side does. There's a video, multiple in fact. I'm sure they're all "doctored". But here it is again

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/280899940

I mean jesus he's human you should say so he has a cold no big deal. Instead you're trying to act like he's superman. You need help.

Say they're doctored. Because it'll just prove how stupid you are. Otherwise you owe an apology.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope Sleepy Joe doesn't have to drop out of the election.

If fake news CNN was legit they'd be covering too. It's amazing how Democrats don't even notice there's never a negative thing said about their party. They actually think they're just great awesome kindhearted people. No they just have the media covering for them 24/7.
You linked 4chan out of EVERYTHING to use as evidence. Why do you trust a random person on the internet. anyways, let me go ahead and debunk the main image. Oh yes I'll do it for you for free! I'll burn my time just to explain why your wrong.
(not that I've done it enough)
So let's started. Tyler Pager is a reporter from Bloomberg news. Not much issues here, since they actually are considered "news" and not a activist group (like your fun varis or what ever it was)
Overall Tyler seems reputable enough with his reporting considering cross checking.
Now who is Ali Alexander character. Uh, there is not much information on the guy.
already that's a warning.
Okay well let's look at the bottom right of that video, perhaps we can look at it.
Which seems to be his name with .org
Oh boy...
OH BOY
So, looking for the website, let's just say.
There's a lot of red flags.
First off the website is incomplete if you attempt to use it, and redirects you.
second his courses are $199 which is more than questionable.
third issue is the paying price monthly of 25 dollars per month. for shit. that doesn't make any sense.
Okay enough bashing on the website. Let's look more into this guy.
So what about his about page?
from twitter his about is:General in the Culture War.
Okay that's... interesting. what about instagram
twitter:I handle complex situations for powerful people
Okay... not horrid, but also questionable.
Okay now to youtube
youtube:I do politics, media, and startups. MAGA (patreon link)
.... oh....
Well okay.... questionable. so... he's supposed to be this guy giving as it is... but he is a Trump supporter... Now everyone has bias, however already there is massive issues.
If the guy isn't a news reporter, but more out sell a narrative, then it's best to not give things factually to his base...

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Before I move on, let's check his facebook
"Ali is a well known conservative political consultant and entrepreneur. His commentary provides an insider's perspective on electoral politics and legislation."
yeah that doesn't really help, since it's getting more clear he's out to sell you on his politics. not actually be factual. News reporters a paid to due news. this guy is paid to provide stories.
So... Yeah I don't owe you an apology, your source has become invalidated.

oh and should I forget to mention that he doesn't state news in his youtube about? Pretty sure if you were a facts guy, that would be in your description.

now onto your points since I just ripped through your source... again. Try a little harder please.
I hope you grow a brain one day.
Perhaps you should check yourself for a brain. free thought doesn't seem to come easily to you.

"Far right" dont lie like your side does. There's a video, multiple in fact. I'm sure they're all "doctored". But here it is again
I mean jesus he's human you should say so he has a cold no big deal. Instead you're trying to act like he's superman. You need help.
already stated above, your source is bad, and already showed why it's bad.
Say they're doctored. Because it'll just prove how stupid you are. Otherwise you owe an apology.
LMAO.
Well, let's just say. It's "fake news" in the words of our president. It's just sad that it also describes all your arguments. Don't worry, you don't owe an apology.

I have nothing of value to say. Other than I don't think he will.
If fake news CNN was legit they'd be covering too. It's amazing how Democrats don't even notice there's never a negative thing said about their party. They actually think they're just great awesome kindhearted people. No they just have the media covering for them 24/7.
or perhaps your source is wrong and that's why they didn't cover it? Perhaps, Just MAYBE the reality is, and this is hard to stomach. They actually provide news. Course I don't have nearly as much trust in CNN. I generally prefer cross checking before I go check CNN, since to me they aren't as trustworthy. Doesn't mean they aren't period. But it's better to cross check. If multiple large outlets are covering it that have a solid reputation on the line. Then it's pretty easy to see if there is some attempt at bias. But most of the ones I do check, still keep bias out. Fox news however, perhaps maybe you should turn it down and check other places. I heard they aren't really great at the news thing and more opinion than news. (I'm saying don't watch fox. they aren't out to give all news)

Last edited by ,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile we got Bill Gates saying we don't have a choice when it comes to vaccine. Who the fuck is this dude always pushing vaccines on people. Another crazy liberal. Maybe it's a conspiracy or true I don't know but I heard he doesn't even vaccinate his own kids.

So if what he's saying is true they will come to your house and stab you with a needle, which is not constitutional. Otherwise we do absolutely have a choice. A virus that kills 1-2% of people that get it, don't think so. I'm ashamed to own a PC.

I realize there'll be a vaccine and some people will want to voluntary take it that's not what I'm talking about. it's forcing everyone to take it I don't agree with. We're not china.

Completely absurd and untrue.

False claim: Bill Gates refused to vaccinate his children
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...fused-to-vaccinate-his-children-idUSKBN22B26Z

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you grow a brain one day. "Far right" dont lie like your side does. There's a video, multiple in fact. I'm sure they're all "doctored". But here it is again

An easy way for the Liberal mind to discredit anything they may not agree with is to default to their built in programming to bash the source of the information. It's just another way they are built to dismiss things they don't agree with regardless if the information is true or not.

D

Deleted User

how many red pills ya on now buddy?

Just like from the beginning you've got nothing of substance just a weak attempt at an attack. No rebuttal to my posts just shredding your fraud party. Just a weak attempt at an attack. I guess you finished your trolls book on what to do when backed into a corner where it says "if all else fails and you can't rebut anything your opponent says just give up and try to attack your opponent"

How many white flags you waving? 1.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A companion article to the backfire effect:

How Negative News Distorts Our Thinking
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...01909/how-negative-news-distorts-our-thinking

Reading both articles helps to explain why there are so many dumb-as-a-doorknob conservatives and liberals. Too much programming leads to ideological malfunction.

This is a good example of why people think small issues are a big deal. They go on about some minor issues that effects barely anyone just because it was posted in the news or on social media and their zombie circle consumed every last bit of it. Good link, was informative. I for one always like to understand the underlying psychological mechanics of how things are designed and why they are designed that way.

Italian study finds that only 12% of Covid-19 patients have fully recovered after ~60 days
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768351

German study finds 60% of recovered patients have myocardial inflammation
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768916

Correct, Covid-19's fatality rate likely falls within the 1% range, give or take a half percent. That's still roughly 10x higher than influenza. While the vast majority of patients do survive, studies show that a considerable number of survivors suffer from secondary conditions lasting for weeks, months, or even permanently after recovery.

I've seen these figures elsewhere, but it usually focuses on the people who knew they were sick and the people who were hospitalized. The main percentage of people that get infected don't even know they were infected. Since most people who get covid don't show symptoms I question the validity of these tests and results when they aren't even testing the majority of people who get it.

Last edited by gregory-samba,
D

Deleted User

I don't care if Bill Gates was a Republican I am going to be leary of anyone so obsessed with vaccines. He's been talking about vaccinations long before the coronavirus he is vaccination obsessed.

A computer guy talking about vaccines is about as crazy as a doctor talking about Windows 10. Stay in your lane. And why don't people say "wait he's not a doctor to be telling us to take all these vaccines" and to say we don't have a choice really? If Dems weren't so biased it should be a bipartisan issue. Everyone should say "Bill Gates needs to STFU".

So I want to know are Dems pro being forced to take vaccines? It sure seems that way. Maybe your party doesn't care about personal freedom any more.

Last edited by ,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen these figures elsewhere, but it usually focuses on the people who knew they were sick and the people who were hospitalized. The main percentage of people that get infected don't even know they were infected. Since most people who get covid don't show symptoms I question the validity of these tests and results when they aren't even testing the majority of people who get it.
IIRC, it was once believed that most infections are asymptomatic, but that assumption appears to be inaccurate:

40–45% who contract new coronavirus are asymptomatic
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/40-45-who-contract-new-coronavirus-are-asymptomatic

The German study was also keen to point out:
Conclusions and Relevance In this study of a cohort of German patients recently recovered from COVID-19 infection, CMR revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and time from the original diagnosis. These findings indicate the need for ongoing investigation of the long-term cardiovascular consequences of COVID-19.
They clearly did their homework here. In addition, 2/3 of the patients didn't require hospitalization, so while the sample size may lack pin-point accuracy, it's clear that the study was targeting all symptomatic patients, not just the subset of those requiring hospitalization. As far as these studies being invalid, I don't share your conclusion.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if Bill Gates was a Republican I am going to be leary of anyone so obsessed with vaccines. He's been talking about vaccinations long before the coronavirus he is vaccination obsessed.

A computer guy talking about vaccines is about as crazy as a doctor talking about Windows 10. Stay in your lane. And why don't people say "wait he's not a doctor to be telling us to take all these vaccines" and to say we don't have a choice really? If Dems weren't so biased it should be a bipartisan issue. Everyone should say "Bill Gates needs to STFU".

So I want to know are Dems pro being forced to take vaccines? It sure seems that way. Maybe your party doesn't care about personal freedom any more.

(Man talking to his Wife)

"Look honey, all my friends online that were just constitutional scholars are now infectious disease experts!"

IIRC, it was once believed that most infections are asymptomatic, but that assumption appears to be inaccurate:

40–45% who contract new coronavirus are asymptomatic
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/40-45-who-contract-new-coronavirus-are-asymptomatic

The German study was also keen to point out:

They clearly did their homework here. In addition, 2/3 of the patients didn't require hospitalization, so while the sample size may lack pin-point accuracy, it's clear that the study was targeting all symptomatic patients, not just the subset of those requiring hospitalization. As far as these studies being invalid, I don't share your conclusion.

Interesting. Yes it was once thought that the majority of people who get COVID don't show any symptoms, but with all the conflicting studies and information it's hard to keep track of what's valid or not. The last thing I need is any new cardiac symptoms, but the sample size (how many people they tested) in your article isn't really that many people. You'd think you'd need to test thousands of people to get a more accurate picture. Honestly, with how much the facts change and then the following advice changes to adapt to the new findings I have a hard time taking anything that is published as correct. The trend has been that what we know this week is most likely wrong.

Reactions: LumInvader

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Yes it was once thought that the majority of people who get COVID don't show any symptoms, but with all the conflicting studies and information it's hard to keep track of what's valid or not. The last thing I need is any new cardiac symptoms, but the sample size (how many people they tested) in your article isn't really that many people. You'd think you'd need to test thousands of people to get a more accurate picture. Honestly, with how much the facts change and then the following advice changes to adapt to the new findings I have a hard time taking anything that is published as correct. The trend has been that what we know this week is most likely wrong.
For me, I just hope one of these upcoming vaccines actually works so I don't have to worry about catching this thing anymore.

Regarding margin of error, the MoE for the Italian study was roughly 8% and 9% for the German study. For the purposes of this discussion it's preferable to have a sample size of 400 or more, but for the team's conducting these studies, their goals are detection and analysis and not so much how their samples apply to larger populations. We care about that here ofc because this is the politics board. ;)

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission, either when worn by infected persons (source control) or by persons in the general community to reduce their susceptibility (Figure 2). However, as with hand hygiene, face masks might be able to reduce the transmission of other infections and therefore have value in an influenza pandemic when healthcare resources are stretched.

Since Covid-19 has been confirmed that it can be airborne in a room with no airflow for several hours, this seems to confirm virus particles of less than 5 nano meters.

So if the CDC says surgical masks will not stop the transmission of influenza, that would then apply to Covid-19 also.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave it to Trump supporters to come up with a self-incriminating term like TDS. You guys can't even get an insult right.

LOL, you don't have to be a Trump supporter to see it is real with certain people. Heck, I did not even vote for the guy in 2016.

All Trump has to do to send people into a tizzy is comment on something.

And why would you JUST quote me responding with TDS is real?

I was responding to someone saying:

xpoverzion said:
Hope he dies from this virus. That would be poetic justice like nothing we have ever seen before!

My response was:

Well you have probably .001 percent chance of your dreams coming true. TDS is real.

Last edited by crimpshrine,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that you were talking about Trump Derangement Syndrome (which is real).
Anyone who behaves irrationally against or in favor for something is exhibiting some form of derangement. I've literally witnessed an argument between two people who were accusing the other of suffering from opposite forms of TDS.

It was one of those rare examples where both sides were correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt