Homebrew Dolphin on Wii?

magicminion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this sort sort of copied from an older thread I unintentionally bumped. But the question is: Is it possible to get the Dolphin Emulator on Wii Homebrew? I know you can get Nintendont, but is the same true with Dolphin? I was browsing threads, and found a Wind waker HD mod, but it was for Dolphin. And I was wondering if I could get Dolphin to run in Homebrew, in order to use the mod. Now, for some specifications. My Wii can run GC games, but I want the mod. So, Dolphin isn't pointless. And GC games run flawlessly on my Wii, so crashing isn't a problem. Please don't remove this thread.

Axido

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One would at the very most be able to implement mod support for GC games rather than porting Dolphin.
GC games are not emulated on the Wii, but run natively. So writing an emulator for something you don't even need to emulate on the console would be a waste of time... and I'm sure the results would be terrible.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Lyrin

Dionicio3

The Skiddo
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this sort sort of copied from an older thread I unintentionally bumped. But the question is: Is it possible to get the Dolphin Emulator on Wii Homebrew? I know you can get Nintendont, but is the same true with Dolphin? I was browsing threads, and found a Wind waker HD mod, but it was for Dolphin. And I was wondering if I could get Dolphin to run in Homebrew, in order to use the mod. Now, for some specifications. My Wii can run GC games, but I want the mod. So, Dolphin isn't pointless. And GC games run flawlessly on my Wii, so crashing isn't a problem. Please don't remove this thread.
The HD mod requires power the Wii simply doesnt have, that's why its Dolphin only

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol