javad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I have good news, when i open the script with microsoft word i can see the japanese words but i do not know what to do next!

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry Kryss, nothing to get offended about as far as I'm concerned. Please feel free to work on any part of the script you see fit to. If that seems like too much, maybe at least I'll ask if you have any suggestions when I get stuck on a line (I only took Japanese for three years after all, and haven't really had a chance to practice since I got back from Tokyo in February, so I've fallen a bit behind
dry.gif
).

Javad, from what I've gathered, you've got several choices if you want to help out.

A: Start learning Japanese and try to translate some of the script. As you may know by now, Japanese does not translate well through automatic translators, and if you don't have any idea what it might mean, translating will be basically impossible for you. From a quick google search, I found this website, which looks like a good way to get some basics.

OR

B: Go and try to convince other people to help out with translating this. I have free time to work on this now, because I'm job hunting, but I don't think Kryss and I can translate this entire game by ourselves. So go find out who else can translate Japanese at GBAtemp and who's willing to put in time to work on this game. Then send them a message to ask if they'll help out. If need be, point them to my post from yesterday to show that someone has already started working on it.

Niklas_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to help, but my knowledge of Japanese consists of a Michel Thomas course I haven't even begun yet.
I'd like to check the graphics (the text found in the graphics could probably be somewhat efficiently translated by machine (I.E. Google, Systran), but I haven't got the tools to check the graphics after unpacking with dslazy.
If someone more knowledgable could tell me what i need to do so, I could probably be of some help.

TheXev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. you guys have done a pretty good job taking the fun out of my last two weeks of experimental hacking... (it's not like I knew about this thread until I started looking for info on modifying the graphics).

http://www.revolve-trans.org/screenshots/dokidoki/

Wasn't sure if I was guna pick this up as a project (I'm getting sick people making fun of me for never personally finishing any of the translation projects I have started.)....

..but if you guys are working on this, I'm not sure I see the point. :/

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the point might be that your help would be much appreciated. I don't know how much you've done already, but from those screenshots, it looks like you're miles ahead of at least me in translation and hacking ability.

I don't see why other people working on the translation should stop you if you're interested in doing it?

I'm working on translating Chapter 00 and the Trial text. After that, I'm going to leave those up for anyone else on the internet who wants to keep working on the game (as long as I get credit for that part of the translation), but despite my efforts, I'm not really sure if anyone else has been interested enough to start working on this yet (I mean, besides Noitora apparently doing some graphics hacking a couple of weeks ago, and other people providing files and whatnot).

TheXev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, its just strange.. the timing... I picked this up and figured out most of what was stated in the first page in about 2 hours (just playing around). I am sure if someone wrote a script editor, things would go much quicker... as manual hacking is always a pain in the ass.

I can also state that the (1B01) line return should be used instead of a normal line return. While a normal line return will work for displaying, it won't display the history (press start) correctly. Using 1B01 corrects this issue in the text history.

Shyvnal said:
Rename it .txt and open it in emeditor or something that supports shift-jis
You will get one line containing a load of crap and some text
x($02)B($14)($00)($1E)($00)B2($00)2($00) ($00)a($01)($05)6x($00)% ($00)d($01)c($01)($04)($0A)`($00)($00)($00)($00)($E8)($03)($00)($00)]($0A)($04)($0F)b($00)($00)($1E)($03)($01)???…?????? ($1B)($01)????????……?($06)($05)
frown.gif
$03)($00)($01)
Note the "???…??????" , move it to the next line and delete all the ($00)($14) etc, they are used by the game in whatever way, no need to change them http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3954/exampleov9.jpg (the ???? is from last night
tongue.gif
)
After you have all the text (this is just from the start of the game), translate and replace it, just remember you need to replace it in the original 00_0_100.dat file
Luckily as i stated before, you can use normal letters like im typing now

I wanted to know how you make EmEditor display like that, with the hex codes. That would make manually inserting/ripping the script sooo much easier (I have been using Editpad Pro). If that is because of some table setup, that would be awesome, because I could assign codes to know who is talking when.

TheXev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, dumping the script is more so i can also reinsert it quicker, and to identify the control codes that show a persons name, new page.. etc. In what little hacking I did, I already had to create new pages to fit text on. I am going to identify the control codes that display X-persons name (00 is Akuji, 01 is LuLu.. etc). This way on the script dump, you can tell who is talking. This will help out my translator TakaJun know who is talking (since he hasn't played the game... yet).

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so that's what those numbers indicate...

As I've said before, I know next to nothing about the hacking part of this, because I'm not very technically minded in that area.

My question is though, would this all be simpler and quicker if I (and anyone else who's offered to put in their skills; Kryss for example) started translating alongside Takajun? Like he tells us what he's worked on so far, and we work on other parts? I'm amenable to that kind of thing.

TheXev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend co-translating along side TakaJun. The amount of script I inserted, he translated in less then 5 mins. He is a native translator, and his speed is uber fast (i mean, he translated the KnK movies in like.. 2 days... and those are technical translations).

This is why it is difficult for me... ^^;
...normally mirrormoon uses small teams (ever since we used a large team on Tsukihime.. making things overly complicated).

I hate to compete, but this is how we've operated for awhile. ^^;

As i mentioned earlier... awkward timing on both our parts...

bjarnemannen

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm..
I'm trying to have some fun editing this game (trying to learn romhacking) and I'm able to edit the text. (quite easy), but I was wondering. What do you do if the translated text is longer then the original?
Let's take the names as an example:
大天使 (Daitenshi?) is Archangel, but that's alot longer then the three kanjis.
How do you make that fit?
It seems to be possible since TheXev has managed to do it.

Sorry for going slightly off topic here

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheXev said:
I wouldn't recommend co-translating along side TakaJun. The amount of script I inserted, he translated in less then 5 mins. He is a native translator, and his speed is uber fast (i mean, he translated the KnK movies in like.. 2 days... and those are technical translations).

This is why it is difficult for me... ^^;
...normally mirrormoon uses small teams (ever since we used a large team on Tsukihime.. making things overly complicated).

I hate to compete, but this is how we've operated for awhile. ^^;

As i mentioned earlier... awkward timing on both our parts...
If that's the case then, I may drop it.

I just picked it up because it seemed like fun, and a good way to keep working on my Japanese. But I don't really feel the need to be competitive about it, since I don't belong to a translation group and my skills aren't so high. I'm disappointed to be so summarily shot down after offering to help out, but assuming you guys actually plan to release a completed patch down the road, I say all power to you.

However, you haven't definitively said that your group is actually going to pick this up as a project. Have mirrormoon and Takajun actually said this is something they want to finish? If so, maybe you should make an official announcement about it in a separate thread so that people know that there is a group actively working to translate it.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think after Dokidoki majo shinpan DUO 2 - that needs to be translated before the first one, it has more "material of interest" than first one >.>

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
I think after Dokidoki majo shinpan DUO 2 - that needs to be translated before the first one, it has more "material of interest" than first one >.>
"material of interest" ? ? ?
YEAH!
tongue.gif

How far have you guys gotten? seems neat, I want to be able to understand the game.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
Good luck with the rest.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Benandanti said:
Is TakaJun going to have enough time to work on this if he's already working on other things?
I'd rather have him translate this first and then Dokidoki Majo Shinpan Duo and after that if it popular the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.