Does the circle pad pro fit and work with the new 3DS and XL model?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mech, Dec 14, 2014.

1. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Just wanted to ask and see if anyone has any input on this question or have they got them available to test them together? thanks :)

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    There is no way, which is unfortunate because the Circle Pad Pro is a fantastic grip by itself, AND I wonder if ALL CPP supported games will support the "New 3ds" 2nd analog.

3. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    i thought as much, shame really because they can be bought new for next to nothing, the XL one is about £7 now... id like one for the N3DS XL

4. capz

capz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    Netherlands
    cake town
    yes. In code the cpp and cstick are one and the same.
    have you actually tried to connect it by sticking the IR window of the cpp in front of the IR window of a new3ds? Nintendo has recently made changes to allow two devices on the IR channel (used to be one)

5. Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom
    Wait guys, isn't the n3DS XL the same size of the original 3DS XL? Can't we try to use the CPP XL there? Just a question, I know it has the C-stick but I was just curious :)

6. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    circle pad pro has been buried a long time ago. unless homebrew revives it, it will stay dead.

7. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Not really.
    You can't use the CPP with Super Smash Bros yet you can use the c-stick.

8. capz

capz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    Netherlands
    cake town
    really? They must have specifically written it to not work like that then, because every cpp-supporting game out there supports the c-stick with no code changes or software updates

9. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I would imagine for older games, the 3DS will just emulate the CPP for older games, allowing the new C-Stick to be detected as the CPP and work without any updates for those games. Seems like the logical move to me, though Nintendo has been known to skip logic and go for nonsense decisions before.

10. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I'd love to see a 3rd party circle pad pro for the New 3DS made by Hori that recognizes the extra right analog stick as the new C stick on the New 3DS but made bigger and more comfortable then the C stick on the New 3DS (which is very useable just not for fast action games that require constant camera movement eg. FPS).

mech likes this.
  11. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    id buy one.