Hardware Does the circle pad pro fit and work with the new 3DS and XL model?

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 3,760
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted-355425

Just wanted to ask and see if anyone has any input on this question or have they got them available to test them together? thanks :)

D

Deleted-355425

i thought as much, shame really because they can be bought new for next to nothing, the XL one is about £7 now... id like one for the N3DS XL

capz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is no way, which is unfortunate because the Circle Pad Pro is a fantastic grip by itself, AND I wonder if ALL CPP supported games will support the "New 3ds" 2nd analog.
yes. In code the cpp and cstick are one and the same.
have you actually tried to connect it by sticking the IR window of the cpp in front of the IR window of a new3ds? Nintendo has recently made changes to allow two devices on the IR channel (used to be one)

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait guys, isn't the n3DS XL the same size of the original 3DS XL? Can't we try to use the CPP XL there? Just a question, I know it has the C-stick but I was just curious :)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yes. In code the cpp and cstick are one and the same.
have you actually tried to connect it by sticking the IR window of the cpp in front of the IR window of a new3ds? Nintendo has recently made changes to allow two devices on the IR channel (used to be one)
Not really.
You can't use the CPP with Super Smash Bros yet you can use the c-stick.

capz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really.
You can't use the CPP with Super Smash Bros yet you can use the c-stick.

really? They must have specifically written it to not work like that then, because every cpp-supporting game out there supports the c-stick with no code changes or software updates

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way, which is unfortunate because the Circle Pad Pro is a fantastic grip by itself, AND I wonder if ALL CPP supported games will support the "New 3ds" 2nd analog.
I would imagine for older games, the 3DS will just emulate the CPP for older games, allowing the new C-Stick to be detected as the CPP and work without any updates for those games. Seems like the logical move to me, though Nintendo has been known to skip logic and go for nonsense decisions before.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love to see a 3rd party circle pad pro for the New 3DS made by Hori that recognizes the extra right analog stick as the new C stick on the New 3DS but made bigger and more comfortable then the C stick on the New 3DS (which is very useable just not for fast action games that require constant camera movement eg. FPS).

Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-355425

I'd love to see a 3rd party circle pad pro for the New 3DS made by Hori that recognizes the extra right analog stick as the new C stick on the New 3DS but made bigger and more comfortable then the C stick on the New 3DS (which is very useable just not for fast action games that require constant camera movement eg. FPS).

id buy one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative