Does Namco Bandai have a monopoly on anime games?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this sounds silly to you, but I just wonder. Many of the games that are based on anime/manga seem to be published by Namco Bandai. If you think about perhaps any single popular one of these anime shows that have a game, the first name that comes to mind is that company. Besides Pokemon which is Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokemon Company or maybe Attack On Titan by Omega Force/Koei Tecmo, I can't really think of much else.:unsure:

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a little bit, all of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure games were published by Capcom. After a while, though, they got turned over to Namco-Bandai.

This was something I'm quite curious about, myself.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bamco owns the rights to various super popular anime (like DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, etc) and is one of the most popular game publishers in Japan (I think second largest in Japan and like 5h worldwide), it's not really a mystery why so many anime games end up being published or produced by them. They just happen to know a whole lot about producing and publishing anime games, so it's natural for most devs and studios to choose them over some other company.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro