Homebrew Does enabling Region Free hack on Priiloader enable JPN VC?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 2 just came out today for the VC in Japan and the WIi64 version sucks so I want to purchase it now on VC. What can enable my VC to be in ANY region? Any and I want the language to still be in standard American English so I can understand the mini-game instructions. Mario Party 2 is not coming to VC in America for another year so screw that I want it NOW. I have the Wii Points. I just need to set my VC to region free.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm confused what you're asking... Are you asking how to make your Shop Channel able to view Japanese games?

If so, you must download and install the Japanese version of the shop channel.

If you're asking is you have to do anything to run out of region WADs... They may need to be patched depending on your system menu version (above 4.1 there are tougher out-of-region protections on the system menu)

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want WADs I just want to make my WIi Shop Channel able to import Japanese games too, keeping the langauge to American English. I don't think there even is a WAD for MP2 yet.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Mario Party 2 just came out today for the VC in Japan and the WIi64 version sucks so I want to purchase it now on VC. What can enable my VC to be in ANY region? Any and I want the language to still be in standard American English so I can understand the mini-game instructions. Mario Party 2 is not coming to VC in America for another year so screw that I want it NOW. I have the Wii Points. I just need to set my VC to region free.

No. You must set your Wii's region to that of Japan to access Japan's VC. You may even have to also set your Wii's system menu to that of Japan's. Not sure what they are checking these days. But the Region Free hack in Priiloader has NOTHING to do with enabling the ability to purchase VC from any region other than your own.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so can I switch it to Japan then switch it back to America and still keep all of my data and languages fully in English? All I want is Mario Party 2, not other games. Mario Party 2 is the best. And I am at 4.3U WAN so I don't know if it would switch over the SM properly but I will try (hope it doesn't brick my Wii).

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please explain further on how to do this (change region back and forth quickly without losing data and making sure that when purchasing Mario Party 2 that the language is still in English). It won't be released in time in America.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think you could get stuck in the japanese WiiShop region if you change to it, at least it happened to some people, some time ago.

Furthermore you will not get Mario Party in english (on screen intructions) as the rom (game) used is from the japanese version.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then is it available in a WAD for English version? I am not asking for a WAD but just asking if it available atm as I have the NUS downloaders and everything. If not then how do I purchase this game? Wii64 sucks. Why won't communist Regginald Fills Aime put this game out in America? I love Mario Party.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple, right now you can't puchase it unless you have a japanese wii. as far as i understand now people did used to be able to browse about in other regions of the shop but one of the updates that was carried out locked your wii to that region. as someone pointed out, even if you did manage to get mario party 2 off the japanese wii shop it would be in japanese, don't believe anything you would do unless you injected the us rom of it would change that. besides that last time i checked mario party 2 will be out in the pal wii shop in december, usually a good indication that it will hit the us store around then too, so either get used to wii64 for the meanwhile, or you can try and find a certain rom inject which doesnt save anything and where the screen keeps flicking

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
smashdude said:
Why doens't Regginald Fills Aime tell is when it will be released?
It may not even be released in America. If you want it so bad just get the wad and region free it with Free the wads or something. Or inject it.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Then is it available in a WAD for English version? I am not asking for a WAD but just asking if it available atm as I have the NUS downloaders and everything. If not then how do I purchase this game? Wii64 sucks. Why won't communist Regginald Fills Aime put this game out in America? I love Mario Party.

You're such a rambling mess it's not even funny... The fact that you called the President of one of the world's biggest gaming companies American branch a communist is laughably bad... Kind of reminds me of the elections actually...

Anyways, as everyone has stated already... If you did manage to get your wii region changed and installed the proper shop channel you'd still only get the game in Japanese because (and here's the silly part) you'll have downloaded the japanese game! Silly Japanese people putting Japanese versions of their games on their Japanese shop channel!

Anyways, simply put the game will be out when it's out. If you're that desperate to play it, you can grab a used N64 and mario party 2 off of ebay.

Side note: WTF... you don't want to download a WAD of the game, but you are willing to download the rom to pirate it with Wii64...? DOES NOT COMPUTE!

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
smashdude said:

You're such a rambling mess it's not even funny... The fact that you called the President of one of the world's biggest gaming companies American branch a communist is laughably bad... Kind of reminds me of the elections actually...

Anyways, as everyone has stated already... If you did manage to get your wii region changed and installed the proper shop channel you'd still only get the game in Japanese because (and here's the silly part) you'll have downloaded the japanese game! Silly Japanese people putting Japanese versions of their games on their Japanese shop channel!

Anyways, simply put the game will be out when it's out. If you're that desperate to play it, you can grab a used N64 and mario party 2 off of ebay.

Side note: WTF... you don't want to download a WAD of the game, but you are willing to download the rom to pirate it with Wii64...? DOES NOT COMPUTE!

^ This

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I couldn't be too worried about MP2 release on US, heck, they have launched alot N64 VC including the niche titles like Sin & Punishment, and Ogre Battle 64. Mario Party 2 release is inevitable IMO, just wait for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc