Does EB Games/Gamestop let you trade in a bunch of shovelware for store credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
In case I ever want to get my WiiU or a [URL='http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/consoles/sony-playstation-3-120gb-refurbished/259823']hackable PS3[/URL] from there.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
They'll take it.
But depending on the console don't expect more than 10 dollars for any game, and that's pushing it.
DS games, unless big franchise ones, usually go for 2 or 3 bucks per game.
Wii games go for like $4-6.
Not sure about XBOX or PS3 but I'd say around $9-10 .

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they do. Just don't expect to get a bunch of store credit. Do the following;

-Look on their trade offer promo section. (If it has a 50% trade in credit for reserving a game, reserve it and later cancel the preorder and get the extra money.)
-Find someone that has a Rewards card. You get an extra 10% trade in credit.
-Check online prices. Sometimes it's worth the wait to sell it online.

EDIT: Bleh edited for Canadian use.

Redeem

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I traded in two new games that were released, 3 weeks after its release. I was done with it, and the value I recieved? $13

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They offered me $15 for a GBA SP, that's when I started selling on eBay, sold it for $50. I definitely wouldn't recommend selling stuff to them.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll take anything as a trade-in. However, for Wii shovelware you'll likely be looking at a dollar or two per game...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I traded in two new games that were released, 3 weeks after its release. I was done with it, and the value I recieved? $13

Shit game, failed launch, little resell value, too many traded in, etc. Most games stick around 35 for a while if they don't suck.

People bitch too much, if you're all too lazy to sell your own games, you have no room to whine.

Reactions: retKHAAAN

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're usually much better off going to a locally owned game store. They almost always offer far better pricing and deals. There's a small chain near me that is always buy 2 get 1 free for any and all games.

Redeem

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit game, failed launch, little resell value, too many traded in, etc. Most games stick around 35 for a while if they don't suck.

People bitch too much, if you're all too lazy to sell your own games, you have no room to whine.
But the games were Black Ops 2 and Sticker Star!!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But the games were Black Ops 2 and Sticker Star!!

Sticker Star is only $40 to begin with (and they tend to about half to a bit under half of new retail value for newer games.)
BLOPs2 I call BS because I KNOW the trade in values stick around $30-35 for big name titles for a fair bit after launch, since the demand for used copies of games like CoD is usually pretty high due to the fact the damn things never drop in price until the next installment of CoD comes out.

Even if it were true, it'd still be entirely your lazy fault for not getting the most out of your used games. It's easy to sell them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.