Homebrew Does anyone got the DSi Shop files?

Pokeadecker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, this is pointless but whatever. I would like some help getting some of the files of DSi Shops like the HTML's and certificates needed to run DSi Shop.
I know that the dsi shop is dead but you can still get the Nintendo DSi to 3DS Transfer Tool which means that the server is still active kinda.
If we can get all the files maybe we can redirecting the DSi Shop to another site or maybe even get homebrew on it.
It maybe sound impossible but its worth a try!

From,
Pokeadecker :yaynds:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually don't think anyone sniffed the DSi Shop pages (it was done in the very early days of the Wii when Nintendo's servers didn't request console certificates, and it can be done on 3DS with SciresM's NoSSL patch - been there done that -, but I don't think any significant documentation effort came out of them either); also, a decent part of the magic is server side, and patching of the app would be needed to disable certificate verification in the first place!

So, while technically doable (just look at what RiiConnect24 has done and is doing, taking their time) but it's probably simpler and more flexible to make a fully homebrew homebrew store :>

Reactions: dr1ft

Pokeadecker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Redbees got Wii Shop Channel too work on the PC. So why not try doing that on the DSi?

Like this website got some stuff I guess: I can link it yet because I'm a newbie
but its not enough to access the DSi Shop.

Pokeadecker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked into the DSi Shop App itself, it had some htmls in it.
I had a html file for it I don't know if I can upload it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but they were all just DSi Shop Error HTMLS

Most people had this to say that DSi Shop is a challenge to bring back and the problem is that we don't know much about how its server really worked, There was not much documentation about how the shop work before and after they were shut down. DSi Shop has little to no documentation on how it work or how the servers work. It's kind was surprising their are no Homebrew for the DSi yet into 2018.

The servers for the DSi Shop are still up but no one has a working certificate needed to access the Shop Servers. Sadly, the only need we know about is there are different types of data stored in DSi Shop. CCS is the Download Server, ECS is probably the loading Screen, and TSS is the Main Shop.

Pokeadecker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The servers are located in a link I can post because I still a new member.
However, they need like a working client SSL certificate inorder to access the servers.
Maybe there is some way we could sniff it with wireshark (I tried but didn't know what to do)

maybe we can emulate a server without using Nintendo's Code

Have been here?

type in DSi and it would give you some info

If we can access it, maybe the files for dsi shop are still there (not sure but there always a good chance).

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The servers are located in a link I can post because I still a new member.
However, they need like a working client SSL certificate inorder to access the servers.

If we can access it, maybe the files for dsi shop are still there (not sure but there always a good chance).
Just use wireshark I think It can sniff everything

I would like to thank you for keeping my dream alive! I tried and my DSi broke I'm giving you everything I tried and know!

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
oks the mens of this thret, i am gona give you of those lesons:
there is no of client sslc certifications. does not of exit! only of rot certificates for authorites. But not site spesfics !.
and what of mean server down but need ssl tls .pem?? been dead for the entire year (365 days). of course has shutdowns and cannot access. impossible i say! and even if admit access, what is mean of "maybe files is still there`?? even if clients can gets, wil not get own servor source codulates of those php. only what has deliver to coinsole. so complet stupid.
oh and also: the sharwires CANOT sniff the ssl packet, for very obvios reason (or for more xacts, it can but imposibel to decryption). else those https be useles..

Pokeadecker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii Shop Certificates are still up and the DSi Shop Certificates still exist somewhere.
oks the mens of this thret, i am gona give you of those lesons:
there is no of client sslc certifications. does not of exit! only of rot certificates for authorites. But not site spesfics !.
and what of mean server down but need ssl tls .pem?? been dead for the entire year (365 days). of course has shutdowns and cannot access. impossible i say! and even if admit access, what is mean of "maybe files is still there`?? even if clients can gets, wil not get own servor source codulates of those php. only what has deliver to coinsole. so complet stupid.
oh and also: the sharwires CANOT sniff the ssl packet, for very obvios reason (or for more xacts, it can but imposibel to decryption). else those https be useles..

and the Wii Shop Servers are still up because their the Transfer tool. We just need to learn how DSi Shop works and how the server works too.

Last edited by Pokeadecker,

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Weren't you banned from here, pokeacer?

Anyway, you can see how to decrypt the cert here. Other people have already went through this years ago, and I'm pretty sure I saw someone post a bunch of HTMLs and images scraped from the shop on a ROM site some time back.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

malekmaroc7

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Have been here?

http://wiki.mwyann.info/
type in DSi and it would give you some info

Its still possible, to download some DSiWare directly from Nintendo's Servers. Even they are HTTPS protected.

What we need in order that a Open source DSi Shop work is:
1. A homebrew Shop app source (freeshop)
2. Need to make a file, which the homebrew programm can execute (something like titlekeys.bin) and we need to write it that the program understands what we want and what it has to do.
3. Custom Firmware for DSi (Released hiyaCFW): To run region locked DSiWare and the homebrew app itself

What do you think about this idea?

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Its still possible, to download some DSiWare directly from Nintendo's Servers. Even they are HTTPS protected.

What we need in order that a Open source DSi Shop work is:
1. A homebrew Shop app source (freeshop)
2. Need to make a file, which the homebrew programm can execute (something like titlekeys.bin) and we need to write it that the program understands what we want and what it has to do.
3. Custom Firmware for DSi (Released hiyaCFW): To run region locked DSiWare and the homebrew app itself

What do you think about this idea?
i have 1,98 GB of DSiWare CIAs (USA versions, not EUR, or JPN) so here's my idea:
1. make a DSi freeShop (i will try to do it with the name "freDSiShop" or "freeShop**i**"
2. put the CIAs onto a FTP server (if i do, i will put it on "SnailFTP")
3. code the DSi "freeShop" to download the CIAs from SnailFTP and install it
4. compile and test it
5. if it's working, now we have a freeShop for DSi

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway, you can see how to decrypt the cert here.
I saw someone post a bunch of HTMLs and images scraped from the shop on a ROM site some time back.
i got an idea!
1. connect the DSi in a pc then open telerik fiddler here: https://telerik-fiddler.s3.amazonaws.com/fiddler/FiddlerSetup.exe
2. open the DSi Shop onto the DSi
3. i think it will appear some link like "dns.dsishop.nintendo.com" or smth
4. now try to acess the DNS server
5. now the final step is do the homebrew that download the ROMs from the Nintendo DNS
DONE. now you will get a way to download free games without being ilegal

NOTE: this is just a idea by me, i'm not sure this works here is the things that can happen:

fail 1: the Fiddler don't work with USB connected devices and you won't get the DNS
fail 2: the Nintendo server won't allow you to see the DNS (i think there is a way to bypass this)
final fail: the games files won't be on DSi Shop DNS anymore

edit: sorry for my bad English, i'm Brazilian

Reactions: malekmaroc7
D

Deleted member 513667

Dsishop.png

Use this logo if you want. Made it a while ago when i was trying to do the same thing. Good Luck!
Edit: Don't know why the D is weird, but if you want the fixed one dm me

Last edited by ,

malekmaroc7

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I guess the DSi Shop ist still open. The DSiWare may be just hidden or just removed. I tried on MwannWiki a DSi Shop link and it surprisely worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1