Does age matter?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well a friend of mine has a relation with a 30 years old guy. I was like wtf when he told me about his relation he is self 16 years old(like me
tongue.gif
) and I want your opinion about age if it matters to have a relation with somebody. I self think he'll needs to find out if it is the real love of his life.

In normal language can a 16 years old have a relation with a 30 years old?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it depends, it's a bit weird to see but it happens all the time, honestly they don't seem to work out most of the time but as long as no harm is done I guess it's fine as long a they are both happy and no grooming/taking advantage of is occuring

Tbh it depends whether the 30 year old is female or male as people don't like the thought of a young girl with an older man whereas strangely it seems ok to have an older women ?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny600kill said:
I guess it depends, it's a bit weird to see but it happens all the time, honestly they don't seem to work out most of the time but as long as no harm is done I guess it's fine as long a they are both happy and no grooming/taking advantage of is occuring

Tbh it depends whether the 30 year old is female or male as people don't like the thought of a young girl with an older man whereas strangely it seems ok to have an older women ?

Male-Male.

I say it's fine, although if they are "intimate" it could raise signs of what the word I'm looking for.... Which is illegal until they are both 18 years, or older.

Z

Zorua

I find it a bit weird as the 30 year old would be more of a guardian than a wife/husband. It's like getting married to your parents.
wacko.gif

Then again, it's just my idiotic opinion.
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't read the "He" and "Guy" so didn't see it was Male - Male
tongue.gif
As someone mentioned before it just depends of the maturity and how they both feel, If you really like someone and they like you back and your both mature and at an appropriate age then it shouldn't stop a relationship

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did the guy offer your friend candy if he got into his van?...

It's creepy. It's already fairly weird when a 20 year old is dating a highschooler, it's REALLY creepy and weird when someone who's 30 does it.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zorua said:
I find it a bit weird as the 30 year old would be more of a guardian than a wife/husband. It's like getting married to your parents.
wacko.gif

Yeah I had somewhat the same thoughts.

But still he seems to be very happy with the guy. So I don't know.

Also here in Holland there are laws for it I believe, but I cannot remember them. Maybe it was something with 18 years and older.
unsure.gif

No there is no candy in the game. XD

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I'm leaning more against dating people almost twice your age. If both person were adults (let's say pass teens) i wouldn't have an objection but in the case where one person is a teen and the other is like 5+ years older than them, i will very much object to that occasion. That much of an age difference while one is still a teen is just wrong in my book.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of illegal, and the 30 year old could go to prison for [censored], assuming they've had sex.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
It depends. In my case, my cousin and his girlfriend are 14 and 17, respectively. In most cases, I'd find it unnacceptable because I wonder what the hell his GF (a friend of mine) is fucking thinking. It has largely become acceptable by their parents because 1) HIS dad is too dumbstruck to have anything other than fearful pride for his son, 2) HIS mom used to be part of the punk movement, which means she used to be a rebel (ergo, she identifies with his very insecure GF), 3) HER dad has always been missing from her life, meaning she has hidden scars of daddy issues (I know for a fact she does). Mentally, she behaves like a 13 y/o, which is why they meet somewhere and click, to say the least.

TL;DR: It's unnacceptable physically, but this hadabba-jabba about mental age screws it up.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really say it depends. I mean personally I love being with guys older than myself, but someone who is like 25 being with someone say 15, I don't how mature they are, their is a problem when a guy that much older is looking for someone so young.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't mind messing around with someone older then me... Brings up the experience too...

The six w/o the i, and adding an e, would be awesome *.* xD

Still, they can both have a great time with each other, and, because of the age difference, learn with each other

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As a religious person, I'd have to disagree from the male-to-male part.

But this topic is about age, so:
I think the younger one should wait until he's 18 or older to get into situations like this. I'm just wondering, what do their parents think about them?

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
You're missing a point... Gay guy, probably ashamed of himself (like most, although now it's a bit commum) and dating a 30 year-old guy... The parents know? :/ Are you getting the point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.