Hardware Do you turn off your 3DS? Or put it in sleep mode?

Sleep mode? or turn off?

• Total voters

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a shitload of 3DS users in my complex, so we all end up streetpassing each other all day, erry. So I end up loading mine on, asleep, and charging 24/7.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
guys just press the button that shown in the picture

Attachments

• PowerButton.jpg
    PowerButton.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 452

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol is the vita sleep mode that awesome? never touched one, i love my psp (got the first model still around somewhere but i know it still works) but i know the sleep mode on that thing was iffy

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
lol is the vita sleep mode that awesome? never touched one, i love my psp (got the first model still around somewhere but i know it still works) but i know the sleep mode on that thing was iffy
Yeah, I always leave my Vita on sleep mode.
I can come back to it after a few days (or at most a week) and pick up where I left off and not have to worry about charging it for a while.

For people saying that sleep mode harms the battery, where is your source?
Do you turn your phone off when you're finished with it?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
For people saying that sleep mode harms the battery, where is your source?
Do you turn your phone off when you're finished with it?

I do know few people who will take battery out of their phone when they go to sleep, but they are elders which can't figure out how to put phone into silent mode and are afraid of news that some battery caught on fire.

If battery dies out it should be pretty easily changeable and it's clear they want you to keep it in sleep mode hence trying to turn device off gives you that warning which can't be skipped. Of course for long perioids it's good to turn the thing off, but if I play the thing several times a week then it's much nicer to have the thing fully charged and ready to be played on stand.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I boot it once every day.

I'd like to just leave it on, but Gateway does not seem to like that very much and ends up crashing every few days.

Well, since I upgraded to a Class 10 8GB SD, Gateway has been working MUCH better, and only fails to boot once every 50 power cycles or so (used to be every 10 cycles with the stock SD), so maybe I'd get better mileage? I dunno.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep it in sleep mode and the battery always dies after two days because I forgot to charge it.
I wish sleep mode was as good as PSP.
If you're talking stock firmware, 3DS sucks down more battery in sleep because it's actually doing cool things like Street (or Home, if you set up that sexy piece of exploit) and SpotPass. If I turned my system off like a peasant, I'd have never got Diancie. Because SpotPass informed me of that event when I wasn't exactly playing much Pokémon. And good luck with that Eon Ticket. Sleep mode is pretty pointless for most systems, unless you're in the middle of a game, because bootup times are quick. I guess if you turn wireless off...?

If you're talking CFW or Gateway things, then I guess you do whatever's best for your setup. I neither know nor care - as much as I'll hack the crap out of my Wii, I don't like messing with unified kernels on current-gen systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...