1. Dominator211

OP Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    I was thinking about it the other day. City skylines is a game I would never expect to be on the switch, super Mario bros u deluxe didn't think I would see that either. But they proved me wrong and I started to think realistically, what if the toned down the settings and resolution in order to make a switch release. The file size isn't huge, to begin with, so that should be a huge issue. has anyone like tried to tweet at hello games? I mean I cant because I don't use twitter. the only thing I fear is that its gonna be a bad port that the game will look and run like shit. What are your thoughts?

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    That's so random of a guess, I could as well ask "Do you think Half-Life 2 will get a Switch release".
    And, NSMB:U seemed unlikely to you? Really? I for one wonder why it took so long. Next in line of the WiiU-Re-Releases: SM3D World. I guarantee it

3. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Netherlands
  4. Dominator211

OP Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    well i cant disagree with out on that and half-life we can probably get with emulation tbh. it was on my mind

5. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

United States
    Doubt it would run well with such a grandiose procedurally generated world upon entering when a game like 'Enter The Gungeon' takes forever just to generate, I would expect the same for Minecraft's Switch edition.

And even then, I doubt they would want to work on a Switch port when they've been trying to build their playerbase back up, and honestly they've been doing a pretty good job at it with the NEXT update.

6. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    I doubt it will make it's way to Switch, as neat as that would be.

I think the best we can hope for is streaming it from a PC when that kind of homebrew is made available.
    It worked pretty well for the vita, so I imagine it could work just as nicely if not better for the Switch. Plus that way you can still use mods. :P

7. noahc3

noahc3 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Honestly I thought that we would get a new NSMB games instead of NSMBU since the gameplay between NSMB games are so similar that it's not like anyone who didn't get a WiiU was missing out on anything. I guess it would technically be cheaper to just port the old game and resell it, but eh.

SM3D seems incredibly likely though.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - release, switch,