Hacking Discussion Do you think it's possible to change our Switch's serial number ?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do understand, it's you that has needed to be corrected. I think you're trolling now.

Sony had some very big errors, but they fixed them. We're not talking about the Wii U or 3DS, we're talking about Switch. Nintendo have learned from their own and Sonys past mistakes.

You and I disagree on what big errors are. On the Wii U, you can just increment your serial number up one digit to unban yourself. On the 3DS, Nintendo does not check if a console specific value is being used by multiple devices at the same time. Or, on either system, in any serious way....if the game was pirated. Those are serious errors. Sony's stuff is just normal Sony incompetence - what happens when a company clones Xbox Live very quickly. Far from fatal.

Nintendo has a legacy of being awful in this area that is (finally) addressed in the Switch. That's what I was saying, but you do not appear intellectually capable of grasping that. Or of grasping much of anything, really.

Last edited by blahblah,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You and I disagree on what big errors are. On the Wii U, you can just increment your serial number up one digit to unban yourself.

You could make up your own IDPS on the PS3 as well at one point.

On the 3DS, Nintendo does not check if a console specific value is being used by multiple devices at the same time. Those are serious errors. Sony's stuff is just normal Sony incompetence.

But you just said that they made the same error..

"And Sony never used the serial number as the online identifier, they used a different piece of data that could be used by more than one person at the same time. Until they blocked that on the backend, anyway."

Nintendo has a legacy of being awful in this area that is (finally) addressed in the Switch.

That was exactly my original point, which you tried unsuccessfully disagreeing with.

That's what I was saying, but you do not appear intellectually capable of grasping that.

I assume at this point you just wanted to show off and now can't admit you're wrong.

Last edited by smf,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make up your own IDPS on the PS3 as well at one point.

But you just said that they made the same error..

"And Sony never used the serial number as the online identifier, they used a different piece of data that could be used by more than one person at the same time. Until they blocked that on the backend, anyway."

That was exactly my original point, which you tried disagreeing with.

I assume at this point you just wanted to show off and now can't admit you're wrong.

Yes, I addressed that already. A silly flaw, but quickly fixed. Nintendo gets into situations they can't get out of - can't realistically fix - due to poor decision making during the engineering of the console. That's why they are different.

Again, you dolt: a serial number is a serial number. It is not some other thing. Words have meaning. You can't just warp them to mean whatever you want. The 'IDPS' is not the same value as the serial number. Ergo, it is not the serial number. And that matters, because words have meaning.

I am literally, factually correct. You are not and are non-technical and are flailing about.

Last edited by blahblah,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I addressed that already. A silly flaw, but quickly fixed.

Oh, I see. It's clear now. It's silly because Sony did it, but if Nintendo do the same thing then it's worse.

I am literally, factually correct. You are not and are non-technical and flailing about.

Only because you've copied my argument. The only difference is you have a cognitive bias against Nintendo, or you're having a hard time because you were so wrong.

I guess that is what comes from jumping on people telling them they are wrong to prove your intelligence, when you're just repeating what was already said because you misunderstood it.

Last edited by smf,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. It's clear now. It's silly because Sony did it, but if Nintendo do the same thing then it's worse.

Only because you've copied my argument. The only difference is you have a cognitive bias against Nintendo, or you're having a hard time because you were so wrong.

I don't know how someone goes through life being as thick as you are. Nintendo is different because they can't fix it. They locked themselves in to the Wii U situation and are unwilling or otherwise incapable of fixing any of the numerous 3DS problems - it would be unbelievable from any other platform holder that they would not automatically verify that a given unique console data set is not being used by thousands of people. Nintendo is different because they can't fix problems. No one else has the legacy of staggering inability and incompetence in this area that Nintendo has, no other platform holder of note.

Yeah, no. Try again.

Last edited by blahblah,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how someone goes through life being as thick as you are.

As you're provably thicker than me then you'll never know.

Nintendo is different because they can't fix it. They locked themselves in to the Wii U situation and are unwilling or otherwise incapable of fixing any of the numerous 3DS problems. They are different because they can't fix problems.

On dead platforms they don't care about anymore. What is your point? We're talking about Switch here & how Nintendo have learnt from their past mistakes.

They've all had holes in their online systems which they've been taught how to fix by hackers.

Last edited by smf,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you're provably thicker than me then you'll never know.

On dead platforms they don't care about anymore. What is your point?

They've all had holes in their online systems which they've been taught how to fix by hackers.

I run circles around you intellectually. That is visibly obvious to all observers.

God, you are really something.......they couldn't fix it during the systems life! They still support one of those platforms, and they can't fix it now! They were unable to do what Microsoft had down pat in 2002, only getting to that level of competence in 2017. That's the point, which I've explicitly spelled out numerous times. Nintendo gets into situations other platform holders don't.

Do you get it yet, or do you need me to use smaller words?

And no, no one got 'taught how to fix by hackers'. This is simple, obvious stuff. Competent vendors can start validating for the authenticity of the unique data whenever they feel like, it doesn't work the way you think.

Last edited by blahblah,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I run circles around you intellectually. That is visibly obvious to all observers.

Logical fallacy, you're assuming that because you believe it. Or you're trolling.

That's the point, which I've explicitly spelled out numerous times. Nintendo gets into situations other platform holders don't.

SO? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SWITCH AND HOW NINTENDO HAVE LEARNED FROM THEIR AND SONY'S PAST MISTAKES

Do you get it yet, or do you need me to use smaller words?

I already understood your irrelevant point. I have tried to make it clear that your point is irrelevant, but you seem unable to grasp the concept.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logical fallacy, you're assuming that because you believe it. Or you're trolling.

• SO? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SWITCH AND HOW NINTENDO HAVE LEARNED FROM THEIR PAST MISTAKES

I already understood your irrelevant point. I have tried to make it clear that your point is irrelevant, but you seem unable to grasp the concept.

No. Try again.

The things are related, silly. The way they learned is not how you describe it, and it matters what they learned and how it happened & what their goals are. You do not understand any of that, not even close. You don't even understand the difference between a system serial number and something different and unrelated.

There is really no hope of reaching you, you aren't anywhere near where you would need to be intellectually to interact with me in a remotely constructive manner. Going to use ignore now to spare myself from your nonsense.

Last edited by blahblah,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The things are related, silly. The way they learned is not how you describe it, and it matters what they learned and how it happened & what their goals are. You do not understand any of that, not even close.

You're insane and trolling now. I'd love to know how you think Nintendo learned, if it wasn't from past mistakes that were exploited by hackers.

There is really no hope of reaching you, you aren't anywhere near where you would need to be intellectually to interact with me in a remotely constructive manner. Going to use ignore now to spare myself from your nonsense.

Oh noes.

Last edited by smf,

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you talking about a nand chip or a motherboard? Only a new motherboard will work.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk
I was talking about the nand chip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was talking about the nand chip
12 DOLLARS ? I thought a motherboard would cost more than that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro