Hacking Hardware Does changing the motherboard on a Switch also changes it's serial number on the OS ?

Orio-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I just bought a V1 Switch for a good deal (150 with all its accessories and a perfect display) to hack it but before I receive it I'm trying to clear something up : the seller told me that the switch had been sent to Nintendo for a repair of the jack port and now I'm scared they could've patched it one way or another. The Switch came back with the exact same (unpatched) serial number both on the Switch and on the OS (in the settings) and the repair is an easy one, probably very common. It had all its data too, untouched.

So now I'm wondering if they could've changed the motherboard without the Serial number changing on the OS? I've asked on Reddit and Discord but I'm always receiving conflicting answers so if someone knows for sure I'd be very grateful. I got it for a very good deal and I'll be able to sell it for more than I paid in any case so it's fine, but it's still stressing me out a bit lol. Thank you very much in advance :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answer. Of course it would change you mean? And do they have means to patch the console without changing the motherboard? (Except by replacing it of course)

Serial Number is different on each board, so if you change the motherboard you get a different unit with different serial number.

Orio-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Serial Number is different on each board, so if you change the motherboard you get a different unit with different serial number.
And so the switch would recognize and display that new number in the settings is that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto