What are the odds of a possibly patched switch being unpatched?

CherrieDaBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember when I received the console, but this is the serial number for it, and the sites pretty much say that it's possibly modded

Is there a definitive way to see if it's patched? What are the odds of a switch that is called possibly patched, actually being patched? Is it worth checking to see if it's patched?

Attachments

• IMG20231210190717.jpg
    IMG20231210190717.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only way to check is to physically inject a payload and see if there is any success. There is no other definitive way.
Actually that's not fully correct, because sometimes bad connector can upload corrupted payload or cause process to abort in the middle of injection.

The best way is to use TegraRCMGUI and see what is logged after injecting payload. If smashed stack size return is 0x7000, it's not patched. If it's 0x0000, it's patched. Even if payload won't boot, those logs are 100% guaranteed to correctly show if your Switch is patched or not

Reactions: iViperz and Lamcza

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually that's not fully correct, because sometimes bad connector can upload corrupted payload or cause process to abort in the middle of injection.

The best way is to use TegraRCMGUI and see what is logged after injecting payload. If smashed stack size return is 0x7000, it's not patched. If it's 0x0000, it's patched. Even if payload won't boot, those logs are 100% guaranteed to correctly show if your Switch is patched or not
Ah yes, my apologies. You're absolutely right! I think the point still stands that OP still needs to inject a payload to check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto