Unpatched Switch value?

xTheManx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have an old nintendo switch laying around. I checked the serial and it's unpatched it seems. It's basically "new", I only used it for 30 minutes of gameplay in total when I bought it, it's been in a box ever since. I can't find any similar ones for sale and I'm wondering how much it would be worth?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the screen is in excellent condition, around $150 for the tablet only without the dock or joy-cons. Got mine from Japan on eBay and that seems to be the average going price. Add maybe $20 for the dock and I dunno.... perhaps $50 for the joy-cons also depending on condition/drifting.

xTheManx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
If the screen is in excellent condition, around $150 for the tablet only without the dock or joy-cons. Got mine from Japan on eBay and that seems to be the average going price. Add maybe $20 for the dock and I dunno.... perhaps $50 for the joy-cons also depending on condition/drifting.
I see thank you, yeah everything is in immaculate condition, so around 220$ for everything?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see thank you, yeah everything is in immaculate condition, so around 220$ for everything?

Sure. You can also go on eBay and search for unpatched switch and see what a full set is generally going for. Make sure to set condition options and turn off "for parts only", so you dont see a bunch of listings for non working Switchs.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought my v1 for less than 200 euros. The set is in very good condition. The only thing I had to replace were the joycons in which the drift started. But I replaced it with Hori Split Pad pro and it works like crazy

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do people really pay those prices?
A year ago i could understand, before the cheap modchips.
Nowdays when the modchips is less than 10$ and you can hack every switch i doubt you will get that much for a unpatched.

My unpatched have no benifits comparing to my modchipped switches.
They work the same.
But i could be wrong:)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nowdays when the modchips is less than 10$ and you can hack every switch i doubt you will get that much for a unpatched.

They work the same.
What about OLED? They are def better looking screens than the original v1. The v1's can be modded software wise, but with others, you need a chip installed, which are risky if you don't know what you are doing, whether the chips are cheap or not. Demand drives the price, and people still want the v1 for the ease of software mod.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They work the same.
The modchips may be cheap, but having them professionally installed (or buying premodded) is not. Installing a hwfly/picofly is daunting for most people.
$150 is not really far off from what a Switch tablet only normally costs anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The take away here, V1 consoles require a RCM jig and a payload injector (that you'll need to carry while on the go), but doesn't require technical skills to mod. Now on the other side of that coin is hardware. Speaking about docking switches here, V1 consoles have (for all intended purposes) the worst display outta the bunch as well as battery life performance. Now if you're docking your switch, display and battery life are negated because all 3 docking switches function the same, once OS is booted. There are lots of pros and cons to consider but I tried to keep it to the core issues, V1 consoles are valuable for those not able to install modchip themselves or willing to pay for install. In a numbers game, there are a lot more folks without the technical skills or resources to see V2/OLED as their prospect for modding.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I sold mine on ebay 7 months ago for 270€ but it was in very good condition with the original box and pretty good battery, I threw in a worthless game too and clearly specified it was a V1.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The take away here, V1 consoles require a RCM jig and a payload injector (that you'll need to carry while on the go), but doesn't require technical skills to mod. Now on the other side of that coin is hardware. Speaking about docking switches here, V1 consoles have (for all intended purposes) the worst display outta the bunch as well as battery life performance. Now if you're docking your switch, display and battery life are negated because all 3 docking switches function the same, once OS is booted. There are lots of pros and cons to consider but I tried to keep it to the core issues, V1 consoles are valuable for those not able to install modchip themselves or willing to pay for install. In a numbers game, there are a lot more folks without the technical skills or resources to see V2/OLED as their prospect for modding.
You can inject payload with any android device. I send payload with rekado and my Motorola g100 or HTC U11. It depends on what I have on hand. It works without any problems. But it's true, the Switch oled beats the Switch v1 in terms of battery life and a better screen. I only take V1 with me to work. I only use Oled at home. Because installing the hwfly modchip cost me 150 euros. And it would be a pity if it was stolen from me on the way home from work.

Reactions: BigOnYa

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can inject payload with any android device. I send payload with rekado and my Motorola g100 or HTC U11. It depends on what I have on hand. It works without any problems. But it's true, the Switch oled beats the Switch v1 in terms of battery life and a better screen. I only take V1 with me to work. I only use Oled at home. Because installing the hwfly modchip cost me 150 euros. And it would be a pity if it was stolen from me on the way home from work.
Yes to Android, I recently decommissioned my V1 that I was connecting to my phone the inject payload. I picked up a V2 that I installed hwfly, and now I don't have to carry jig or injector and I have a better battery and better display in the sense of brightness only.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste