Hacking How do I get my serial number back on EmuNAND?

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe I used the TinFoil option to get rid of the serial number, and was previously also using the exosphere.ini switch for blank_prodinfo_emummc=1 . 99% sure it wasn't done via Incognito_RCM as I can't get that to work now (too out of date) and I only hacked this switch 12 months ago.

I've set that back to 0. In TinFoil, it's showing my serial number as XAW00000000000

In System > Serial Numbers, the Console entry is completely blank, not even the 0s.

I've got the original SysNAND backup but I don't appear to have any TinFoil backup.

1) Can I get the serial number back into my EmuNAND without having to recreate EmuNAND from scratch? I wasn't sure if recreating EmuNAND would mean the loss of Animal Crossing saves.
2) If I can't get it back, does this matter? I read that firmware 17 may have problems with blank serials?

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you used Incognito you need a prod.info backup to restore the serial number, it is okay if it just your emunand.
Is that something I can extract from a SysNAND backup?

Sorry should also add that having done a full power off and re-inject, I am now seeing the XAW00000000000 number within the EmuNAND settings. Perhaps all is OK then?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that something I can extract from a SysNAND backup?

Sorry should also add that having done a full power off and re-inject, I am now seeing the XAW00000000000 number within the EmuNAND settings. Perhaps all is OK then?

If you are seeing XAW000000000 it mean it is blanked out

Reactions: tpformbh

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No worries, already had that in place and verified from logs it's working.

Found the answer in case anyone else needs it, now have my proper serial number back:

Reactions: petspeed

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will that cause any issues when updating to firmware 17 and the newer version of Atmosphere?

With regards https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2205#issuecomment-1762325932
In fact, it does, on 17.00 if your serial is blanked, no way to connect to wifi. works up to 16.00.
Long story, short story : I used incognito.nro like 4 years ago, while on emunand not knowing that it will also blank my prodinfo sysnand (Thanks bloody bastard Blawar). Have a backup of original one before incognito, but in my ex-wife house, 200 hundred kilometers.

Couldn't find a backup of my prodinfo , so many wipes out since, had a rawnand backup from my original sysnand (but with serial blanked). And suddenly , I remenbered that I shared 5 years ago when I first modded my switch, my prodinfo with a friend on discord for testing purpose, and guess what, god bless discord, I found the file I sent via DM to my friend 5 years ago, and with incognito_RCM, everything is back.

The moral of the story : never use incognito, at least the .nro

Rely on atmosphere, keep various backups on different places.
Post automatically merged:

what did you use finally to have your serial back?
To get your serial back, you need prodinfo.bin backup,(that you can inject with latest release of incignito_RCM up to 16.00) or a rawnand backup (with valid prodinfo) , your keys Biskeydump or Lockpick_RCM, Hacdiskmount or NxNandManager to extract the prodinfo from the rawnand backup and generate the bin to inject.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you use incognito.nro on emunand it doesn't blank your sysnand.
Well, it did, I used it on emunand, and my sysnand was blanked also. My sysnand is still on 4.01 and never used it, always used emunand , so ?

Since day one I hacked my switch, I only used emunand.

Believe me or not, I don’t really care, I know what I‘ve done and what happened.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Freeman93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No worries, already had that in place and verified from logs it's working.

Found the answer in case anyone else needs it, now have my proper serial number back:

I did this and still it shows as blank on the emunand System tab, and Tinfoil doesn't show the Icognito still. Any idea on how to fix this? (Sysnand shows the serial normally)

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did this and still it shows as blank on the emunand System tab, and Tinfoil doesn't show the Icognito still. Any idea on how to fix this? (Sysnand shows the serial normally)
Make a full raw backup of your sysnand with Hekate. Use NxNandManager to extract the prodinfo (2 keys needed) Use Incognito RCM latest release (but only compatible with 16.00 AFAIK so downgrade your emunand if you are on 17.00 and upgrade to 17.00 when done) , you must have your biskeys on the root of sd, restore to the emunand.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Freeman93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Make a full raw backup of your sysnand with Hekate. Use NxNandManager to extract the prodinfo (2 keys needed) Use Incognito RCM latest release (but only compatible with 16.00 AFAIK so downgrade your emunand if you are on 17.00 and upgrade to 17.00 when done) , you must have your biskeys on the root of sd, restore to the emunand.
Thank you, I'll try that, or set up a new emuNand when I'm on it. But why would de recovery with the above mentioned method through Tegra Explorer not work? Isn't it doing the same basically?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol