For some reason i messed up my Incognito. How can i hide/blank Serial number again?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well i finally booted into CFW using my RCMLoader and finally updated CFW to the lastest version. All i have to do now is to update the firmware version.

3 years ago, i used Incognito mode that made my serial number disappear. And it have been blank ever since.
However for some dumb reason since i updated my CFW, i re-installed RCM incognito and launched it and pressend "Incognito emuMMC". I got some errors so i tried a different version and that seemed to work. However now when i look on Serial numer i can see that i have something like "XAW0000000001". It's not blank anymore like it used to be. Is there a way i can make the serial number blank again? Or did i mess up big time? :(

I first tried the latest version of this and it didnt work:
https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases

I then found this one that seemed to work, but gave me the "XAW00000001" serial number:
https://github.com/Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM

After searching for more, i did however find this one, that is more updated. Should i try it out?
https://github.com/mistervampi/Incognito_RCM

I think my Switch i Erista since i bought when after 6 months Switch got released.
Post automatically merged:

This is what I got when doing it inside Incognito and this is how it now looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_132857.jpg
    IMG_20230313_132857.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20230313_133050.jpg
    IMG_20230313_133050.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited by Naxster,

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
"XAW00000001" seems more like a "fake serial", it's not your real serial.
maybe in forst releases of incognito it was "blanked" and now it's "thhis fake serial"?

madware86

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XAW00000001 is a fake serial, so it sounds effectively blanked now.

I use Exosphere to blank my serial, which results in number "XAW00000000." If that's what you want, it's very easy to implement with current versions of Atmosphere. You can search this site for threads comparing Exosphere and Incognito.

Regardless, don't forget to implement some level of DNS blocking to keep yourself secure.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i finally booted into CFW using my RCMLoader and finally updated CFW to the lastest version. All i have to do now is to update the firmware version.

3 years ago, i used Incognito mode that made my serial number disappear. And it have been blank ever since.
However for some dumb reason since i updated my CFW, i re-installed RCM incognito and launched it and pressend "Incognito emuMMC". I got some errors so i tried a different version and that seemed to work. However now when i look on Serial numer i can see that i have something like "XAW0000000001". It's not blank anymore like it used to be. Is there a way i can make the serial number blank again? Or did i mess up big time? :(

I first tried the latest version of this and it didnt work:
https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases

I then found this one that seemed to work, but gave me the "XAW00000001" serial number:
https://github.com/Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM

After searching for more, i did however find this one, that is more updated. Should i try it out?
https://github.com/mistervampi/Incognito_RCM

I think my Switch i Erista since i bought when after 6 months Switch got released.
Post automatically merged:

This is what I got when doing it inside Incognito and this is how it now looks like.

It looks like it been blanked out, regardless you can't go online anyway, you are effective ban from online.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
XAW00000001 is a fake serial, so it sounds effectively blanked now.

I use Exosphere to blank my serial, which results in number "XAW00000000." If that's what you want, it's very easy to implement with current versions of Atmosphere. You can search this site for threads comparing Exosphere and Incognito.

Regardless, don't forget to implement some level of DNS blocking to keep yourself secure.

I'm going too look up the Exosphere, thank you :)
Ohh which DNS should I use? Is there a guide or something that shows which DNS we should use?

Again, i have no plans to even play games online, I only need to have access online to use FTP and Homebrew App Store etc.
Will i still be able to access those even if I'm banned?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going too look up the Exosphere, thank you :)
Ohh which DNS should I use? Is there a guide or something that shows which DNS we should use?

Again, i have no plans to even play games online, I only need to have access online to use FTP and Homebrew App Store etc.
Will i still be able to access those even if I'm banned?
A blank serial on your sysnand means no connectivity to Nintendo services (Eshop-Game update/DLC - Online play)
homebrew apps only need your WIFI connection has no relation to incognito. If incognito was used on emunand then it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A blank serial on your sysnand means no connectivity to Nintendo services (Eshop-Game update/DLC - Online play)
homebrew apps only need your WIFI connection has no relation to incognito. If incognito was used on emunand then it would be much of an issue.

I have never touched my SysNAND, it's still at firmware 3.0.1 and I don't tend to use it or play online using SysNAND.
I don't even think I have ever connected my SysNAND to internet before (not that it helps, but still).

The only thing I used Incognito was on EmuNAND. Again, i honestly don't care if I'm getting banned as long as I keep still using FTP, Homebrew App Store to download emulators and other stuff etc.
If I'm banned can't I use FTP to transfer stuff over WiFi (from my Phone/computer to Switch)?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never touched my SysNAND, it's still at firmware 3.0.1 and I don't tend to use it or play online using SysNAND.
I don't even think I have ever connected my SysNAND to internet before (not that it helps, but still).

The only thing I used Incognito was on EmuNAND. Again, i honestly don't care if I'm getting banned as long as I keep still using FTP, Homebrew App Store to download emulators and other stuff etc.
If I'm banned can't I use FTP to transfer stuff over WiFi (from my Phone/computer to Switch)?

Getting ban has nothing to do with transferring from FTP, using homebrew app store etc.

Reactions: flowlapache

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With dns mitm turned on, both incognito and setting up dns are almost pointless. I say almost, because if you attempt to start from scratch while troubleshooting something, and forget to configure your .ini files, you’ll expose yourself to Nintend’s servers. But with anything other than your real serial number, you’ve got that covered anyway. And if you don’t care about using the eshop, then none of it really matters to you. Don’t worry about it.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh then your 100% fine on this notion b/c Emunand should not connect to Nintendo at all anyway. So its ok to fuk up or hide the serial on Emunand. Your lucky compared to other folks who mess up their sysnand with a perma incognito and ban themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr