Do you collect plushes/figures/various video game merch?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Been on a bit of a plushie collecting kick lately, so I was wondering how many other tempers collect all sorts of assorted video game merchandise. From scale statues or action figures, plushies, posters, etc, is there something you collect from your favorite video game franchises?

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really, I do like me some steelcases when they're available for games I want to get on consoles.
That and the occasional collector's edition, depending on what game and what it offers.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
My mantle is basically a shrine to Soulsborne games. I have steelcases, art books, a couple figurines from collectors editions, the Solaire Amiibo, two of the Bloodborne Lithographs from some time ago that are in a nice frame, and even two of those Bloodborne PS4 cover things Sony released (one on my PS4 and one kept for "collection" sake). I also have the cloth maps from 2 and 3, which are hanging in the living room.

I've got a couple Pokemon plushies, the Build-a-Bear Pikachu and Charmander they released ages ago which are cute, and some unofficial art posters of the three gen 1 starters as well.

One of these days I'd like to buy the OG Pokemon cards for all 151 Pokemon, put them in a nice frame as a display.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I collect amiibos as they are pretty damn cheap and cool to look at. I also have a thing for art books for the very same reason.

20190718_082923.jpg 20190718_082940.jpg

Reactions: Alexander1970

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The closest would be a magic :the gathering T shirt I once got for free on a convention (fifth dawn, iirc). In terms of video games or collecting: absolutely nothing. It's not my thing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I collect games, interesting controllers and computer game related hardware. Assuming we don't count books on various aspects of game design I don't think I have a single computer game related toy, tshirt or anything like that, not even an audio CD*. While I am not completely averse to cool things to put on a shelf I have never seen a computer game one of any quality or particular artistic merit. I see posters mentioned and I suppose I have a copy of the pencil concept art horned reaper from Dungeon Keeper I printed on a then ancient laser printer back when that game was current.

*I think somewhere in my box of tapes I have the Frankie says relax tape that came with the Frankie Goes to Hollywood, which I only got as part of two massive gym bags of C64 games.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Pokeball with you can put games in it. were i got it from a pre-order. maybe other Pokemon related stuff too.

but i normally put my money into games, consoles, accessories which can make the gaming experience better.

Last edited by Flame,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kirby Nendoroid line. Have a shelf with them all. Started with Kirby, then had to have metaknight, then blue kirby, then Roboplanet mech and soon a yellow kirby.

D

Deleted User

I like to buy limited edition games which include an artbook, a steel case and some other stuff. I used to buy amiibo which have functionality in the games I like but in most cases amiibo locked content is virtually useless (except for Splatoon, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid: Samus Returns) and I don't like supporting locking content behind paywalls.

I have a few other bits and pieces of gaming merchandise laying around but it's not something I collect. I'd like to buy some more stuff. Having some Boos and Chain Chomps hanging down from my ceiling and a Jigglypuff beanbag to sit on would be cool. But it's a lot of money, more than I'm willing to spend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night