Hacking Do you bring your DS + Flashcart to school?

1upm4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, most of my friends arent into flashing and flash carts, so when i show them my ds theyre all like, "how did you do that" "show me how" "hacker!"

RAIDEN!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kangrus said:
when i went on the year 12 (final school year) camp, i took my collection of flash carts preloaded with some good multiplayer games, it was fun as handing them out and having this multiplayer frenzy going on in one of the rooms.

hahaha lol
yaynds.gif

B

ball2012003

every day so i can play during ssr
except for today because i forgot it
and i actually had to read during ssr

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Psyfira said:
No way! I would never have taken something that expensive to school when I was a kid.
To be honest I wouldnt've used it anyway.

Maybe it's just the area of town I've lived in for the past 11 years (which admittedly is a bit affluent), but people brought lots of expensive stuff to school all the time. Between graphing calculators (which on a side note are ridiculously expensive when you consider how outdated the hardware is), iPods or other mp3 players, gaming systems, or even laptops for some people, each kid at my school could easily have several hundred dollars' worth of stuff on them during the school day. Just a DS by comparison wasn't that big of a deal.

ack, tell me about it, £100 is ridiculous for a calculator.

then again, I didn't really need a TI-89ti for A level physics, and it of course had nothing at all to do with being able to play games in class whilst looking like I am calculating. although some of the features where useful in exams.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Maybe it's just the area of town I've lived in for the past 11 years (which admittedly is a bit affluent), but people brought lots of expensive stuff to school all the time. Between graphing calculators (which on a side note are ridiculously expensive when you consider how outdated the hardware is), iPods or other mp3 players, gaming systems, or even laptops for some people, each kid at my school could easily have several hundred dollars' worth of stuff on them during the school day. Just a DS by comparison wasn't that big of a deal.
The most expensive thing anyone ever really carried in school was probably jewellery. I think A-Level Mechanics (option in Maths) was the only class that needed a graphing calculator, none of mine did. No-one had laptops. A few people probably had music players but I never saw a giant iPod there. I wouldn't say I'm from a particularly poor area either. I suppose they were quite strict though, they'd confiscate phones if they saw them (bear in mind mobile phones hadn't been mainstream for long then, only about half the class had them and you couldn't get a handset for less than £80), so the thought of whipping a Game Boy out in lunch break would've just been dumb.

NeverEden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blainy said:
i know its a slightly different ttopic, but when i purchased an xbox from EB, they actually asked me if i wanted to get it modded
blink.gif
blink.gif
they were running an "extra" service in their back room..haha..as for my CycloDS, well, i dont know anyone else other than me that actually has a DS, so i show off my CycloDS Evo all the time to my mates..im not in school any more tho, as we are all early to mid 20s, but they always love the latest homebrew i have downloaded

Sounds like a good game store to me.
moogle.gif
Wish every store was like that. =D Mods for a small fee after purchase.
happy.gif
V

Quanno said:
At our school, you're cool with a psp, and a nerd with a DS. That's why I never bring it with me

Unless you bring both of them, then you're just rich and spoiled... or really lucky cuz I bought my own my DS after I tired of the PSP my bro gave me for bday present. =/

Psyfira said:
QUOTE(DanTheManMS @ Feb 26 2009, 10:41 PM)
The most expensive thing anyone ever really carried in school was probably jewellery. I think A-Level Mechanics (option in Maths) was the only class that needed a graphing calculator, none of mine did. No-one had laptops. A few people probably had music players but I never saw a giant iPod there. I wouldn't say I'm from a particularly poor area either. I suppose they were quite strict though, they'd confiscate phones if they saw them (bear in mind mobile phones hadn't been mainstream for long then, only about half the class had them and you couldn't get a handset for less than £80), so the thought of whipping a Game Boy out in lunch break would've just been dumb.

Well, it could just be that the environment in high school and university are different. High school is more strict, uni they don't care. I concur, bringing a DS isn't big deal really... considering that most have a laptop out during lectures. By now, half of the cellphone users have iPhone. During between classes and sometime even during classes, ppl are listening to their iPods. The latest tech trend I seen are ppl with netbooks, I see them alot especially in psychology class. Easily, almost more than half of the students I see carry stuff costing more than 1k or two.

And on a sidenote, I think it so stupid teaching us to use the TI g-calc to solve math problems in high school... only to realize you CAN'T use them in uni in math classes cuz during exams, you "might" have program equations and answers into it.... which is again stupid, cuz on math exams, it's working out the problems that gets you the most points, not the answer (answer is worth 1 point usually). /rant sorry. =/

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
NeverEden said:
And on a sidenote, I think it so stupid teaching us to use the TI g-calc to solve math problems in high school... only to realize you CAN'T use them in uni in math classes cuz during exams, you "might" have program equations and answers into it.... which is again stupid, cuz on math exams, it's working out the problems that gets you the most points, not the answer (answer is worth 1 point usually). /rant sorry. =/
Crazy, I never had this problem in college; instead they required you to hand over your calculator at the door to have its memory wiped.
frown.gif
Which really sucked because I never had the cable for my TI-83, so all my games were painstakingly hand-programmed.

jaywilson

Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
last year i used to bring my ds to school, introduced my friends to flashcarts... next thing you know i fail year 12 ahha
this year i dont bring it, theres i kid i know who brought and R4 for 58 dollars! and he thought he got it cheap too, he nearly died when i showed him them on dx for like 8dollars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i will be eating dinner at 5:00pm
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty were the deleted scenes significant?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so im just killing some time
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what were they about?
    S @ salazarcosplay: what were they about?