Gaming do you agree the psp is a fail?

wardeworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think PSP fails-This is the just the developers saying it failed not the consumers. The PSP is probably the highest-selling non-Nintendo handheld system ever.
But many people including me says that There are many games are there in and the rest is just irritating. According to Media that the PSP Go has been an epic failure.
They don't need big budget games, they need fun games.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
Gvaz said:
He's right, however. PSP is probably the worst purchase I've made, up there with the wii.

S'pose you bought the Dreamcast too then? Just an FYI there are many many great titles and homebrew for both the PSP and Wii. Obviously I can tell your just a casual gamer because it seems that looking for a good game is beyond you. Seriously though, there are some great games out for both PSP and Wii, you just have to look.

Jemlee said:
I hope this doesn't sound biased.
But isn't that what you generally want out of the PSP (shooters, gta ,etc)
as apposed to nintendo ( random innovations )
But it's still fun I mean, like rockstar said things like KH BBS wow you once in a while. and it's homebrew is amazing.

Sadly that's the opinion that everyone has gotten. PSP is a semi-hardcore Handheld, while it has tons of games like Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, and GTA, it also has fun games like WTF?!(Work Time Fun) and HOLY INVASION OF PRIVACY BADMAN! What did I do to deserve this?!

UltraMagnus said:
QUOTE(Berioth @ Apr 14 2010, 01:24 AM)
Gundam Vs Gundam
except, that is Japanese only, so fail for a large proportion of PSP owners.

Boo friggin hoo, its not that hard to actually figure out some menus. Seeing as how a lot of Japanese PSP games have quite a bit of English or incredibly easy to navigate menus, its "Large portion of PSP owners" fault for not wanting to try something different. On a side note, its also other companies faults for licensing unit/game names here in the states, if they weren't licensed, they could easily port it over.
so you blame people for not wanting to learn a foreign language just to play a bloody video game.
mellow.gif
rolleyes.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
so you blame people for not wanting to learn a foreign language just to play a bloody video game.
mellow.gif
rolleyes.gif

I blame people who clearly spend so much time bitching about things on the internet, that if they devoted a little bit of their energy to learning Japanese they could play anything.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
to the people who say there is a lack of new games:

go try some japanese games,
as long as you avoid avg/rpg games they are fine.
some have english menu's and even with japanese menu's it's not hard to find the one that means "new game" or whatever.

driving round a track or slapping the shit out of your opponent are universal - there is no language-barrier!
biggrin.gif

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
mellow.gif
rolleyes.gif

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the NEW GAME button starts a new game. Most JP games have some English menus, and even if they don't a lot of them have Walkthroughs/Menu Translations. Many games are quite easy to play, even if it is in Japanese. Hell Gundam Battle Universe is an example. While it has only a few English menus I still managed to find a Menu Translation and beat the game 100% without learning any Japanese.

ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(lordrouge @ Apr 15 2010, 04:16 PM) For those who are losing faith in Sony and the PSP.
Get a PSP Go. It will blow your mind with its raw awesomeness.
Let's all, uh...pretend you didn't just say that...
mellow.gif

Yea, what Proto said.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
then it's a poor list, it's missing the next hatsune miku pack just for a start!
and the sequal to eloquent fist!

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if id call it a fail... but if I had to choose id rather have the Ds. Back when the psp and Ds came out the psp had better games, but now the Ds has much better ones to me.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp. Guess what I bought it for? classic games. But now the wii is used for that. The only thing the wii is missing is ps1 games.

I would continue to use my psp if the battery didnt die every hour. New battery and charger and it still wont hold a charge. Add the umd drive broke a month after i got it and u get a failed system.

Both DS and PSP have more system's sold than games. Whats that tell yah? It's a pirates dream. Yet the DS still has games that out sell the PSP. They are both filled with bargin bin trash. psp as good games you can get else where on other consoles. Same goes for the ds.

Of the psp games I want to play, there are equalents on other systems. Naruto, dbz, racing games and rpgs just to name a few. When comes down to it, the psp has less games I can't anywhere elese or can't get alternate equals to. The psp fails in unige gaming department. So does the ds for that matter. The PSP fails there more.

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a PSP and I agree, a fail console which could have been so much more. I only use it for films and sometimes music. PSP Go is even worse, Its basically a PSP 3000 without the UMD slot and it costs £100 more.
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo