hwfly modchip stopped woring after ofw update

baddass1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok like the title says my chip decided to give a cyan light rite afer updating OFW on Sysnand on a V1 patched Switch i use emunand for backups. The light error code says FPGA error chip defective but its been working fine since install. I have installed a few of these chips but this is my own switch im worried that the offical update 17.0.1 bricked my chip. I have swapped the chip out for a new 1 and its back up and running no issues. i just thought i would share this info just incase its not a coincidence that it only errored after OFW update. The chip was insulated so it couldnt have shorted and was working perfect for around a year. Also windows doesnt detect the chip it just show a green light but isnt connecting for firmware update anymore.

Last edited by baddass1979,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some of the modchips aren't rewritable, but you can press boot and reset at the same time and PC should be able to detect it and allow you to place another firmware file into it.

baddass1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know some of the modchips aren't rewritable, but you can press boot and reset at the same time and PC should be able to detect it and allow you to place another firmware file into it.
The chip does'nt have the buttons on it for boot and reset but ill keep that in mind incase it happens with the new chip. Thanks

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto