Hacking Do I need to Reinstall CBHC to a new DS game and is it safe to do so?

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my Wii U second hand and it already had Brain Training so I used that to install CBHC. Yesterday my Wii U stopped booting to Haxchi and started booting to normal Wii U system menu. So I was planning to reinstall CBHC to Brain Training but wanted to check if that was safe to do. Reading the forums I now realise that maybe I am at risk because I did not buy Brain training myself and the original purchaser could delete their account. Is there a way to see if this is necessary? i.e. is it possible that Brain Training is a pre-install and not associated with any account for example? If not is it safe to buy a second DS game and install CBHC to that? Is there anything I need to watch out for if I do that?

Thanks for your help.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When u turn Wii U on before the home screen do u see a message on a black screen to press home button for cbhc menu?
Haxchi is installed to the game and I press the game to go into hombrew launcher or back to homemenu. Depending how u have config setup. U may need to hold a certain button.
Cbhc. Is an auto boot haxchi when Wii U is powered on. U will see a quick small message at top of screen when turn on

To be safe I are better off having ur own account with ds game bought. Idk if you can get closed out of an account if previous owner contacted Nintendo and wanted account closed down. I think once game is on system and it’s a legit bought game on nand u should be fine. Just don’t log off the nnid on the Wii U

If you are gonna go to ur own nnid account and buy a ds game make sure first that u do not have cbhc installed because of brick chance. And once know it’s not installed then log off previous one and enter urs or create new one and buy ds game. But I do t think necessary

I think as long as u don’t log off the account on Wii U u should be fine. Cause look at it this way. If u don’t have Wii U hooked to internet for cbhc to work. So how’s it gonna know if account was closed or not. So as long as on the Wii U itself it isn’t logged off the account

Plus if that was the case, once Nintendo shuts down the Wii U eshop and Wii U is a done system then all us cbhc users would be in trouble. So u should be safe just never log out of the nnid on that Wii U if have cbhc installed.

Last edited by Tri-Z,

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U is logged in with my NNID, wasn't logged in with an NNID when I bought it. Does that mean that the DS game was a pre install and is not associated with an NNID?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think that game would be a preinstall

Did u try to play the game before u ran any hacks? Was it playable? I thought u needed a nnid to beable to goto eshop and buy game. Maybe when game is bought it ties to the system and not the nnid

If you already have ur own nnid you could always buy a compatible ds game and keep it around Incase in future u want to use that. That way once eshop is shut down u have a game. I wouldn’t use the same game as brainage. I’d pick a dif one from the list. One that u won’t ever want to play. If you do decide to do that and install haxchi and then cbhc to it just make sure u uninstalled it from the original game first. You can have multiple haxchi but I don’t think u can have multiple cbhc

Last edited by Tri-Z,

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I didn't try to play it. A game is installed to the system and can't be moved, Nintendo got a lot of stick for that in the past and have changed it for Switch. However wiiu hacks guide and various other people have warned that if the NNID that originally bought the game get's deleted then the game will stop working. If the game in question is your Haxchi install and you have CBHC installed that will brick your system. So all I need to know is; is there sometimes a circumstance where Brain Training might be installed by some other method, therefore safe from this threat? Now might also be a good time for someone to suggest "Dude, just buy Brain Age, it's like seven dollars".

Last edited by kettlecup,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah if wiiu updated to 5.5.3 on pal regions you just need to reinstall cbhc on the same title, just click the dont touch me button and reisntall cbhc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I didn't try to play it. A game is installed to the system and can't be moved, Nintendo got a lot of stick for that in the past and have changed it for Switch. However wiiu hacks guide and various other people have warned that if the NNID that originally bought the game get's deleted then the game will stop working. If the game in question is your Haxchi install and you have CBHC installed that will brick your system. So all I need to know is; is there sometimes a circumstance where Brain Training might be installed by some other method, therefore safe from this threat? Now might also be a good time for someone to suggest "Dude, just buy Brain Age, it's like seven dollars".

if you're asking what I think you are, you will brick if you use a non-legitimate game with cbhc. if you change to legitimate, you may need to delete a fake ticket (see my sig). yes, if you delete the NNiD associated with the account, the game will no longer work causing a brick if using cbhc.

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To clarify the question is simply as follows:

Is it possible that the copy of Brain Training is NOT associated with an NNID therefore guaranteed safe?
If so is there a way to check this?

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxchi and CBHC have been working for years, stopped with 5.5.3, I know I can just reinstall but reading around the subject made me realise that there is a possible risk of the original owner deleting their account. For that reason I have one question:

Is it possible that an eShop game is installed without being assoiciated with an NNID or are all eShop installs associated with NNIDs?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal games should be associated with a NNiD. I'm not sure about fake licensed games. those contain a repeating pattern over the NNiD portion. the title id of the game is in there, but at different offsets depending on what kind of ticket it is: retail or digital. retail games may not contain user information, but eshop games require cfw which is why an n64 game won't work if it's not legit.

kettlecup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm asking about legit installs, thanks. I am sorry it was so unclear! I think I will buy Brain Age to get rid of the risk of the original owner deleting their NNID, even though it is unlikely it could happen and it is only seven dollars!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-