Hacking Do disc game saves work after making a game backup?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they won't work. the games are decrypted, so encrypted saves won't work. it's the same with the vita. you need a way to decrypt those saves. if you try to load them, you'll get corrupted data. then, they won't even work with the discs. make a backup of your saves in case you want to go back.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I know of. the save encryption keys have been found iirc, so it may only be a matter of time. I'd suggest not using the games you own as backup though. I also made a backup of my games in hopes of selling my original discs, but I could only get $50 total for four games so it's not worth it. I don't think ps4 games go for very much used anyway. there's a way I discovered to get your saves back, but that's only reverting back from a backup. it involves creating a new save (one for each actual save you had), restoring your saved games, then loading each and saving immediately to update the save database.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
not that I know of. the save encryption keys have been found iirc, so it may only be a matter of time. I'd suggest not using the games you own as backup though. I also made a backup of my games in hopes of selling my original discs, but I could only get $50 total for four games so it's not worth it. I don't think ps4 games go for very much used anyway. there's a way I discovered to get your saves back, but that's only reverting back from a backup. it involves creating a new save (one for each actual save you had), restoring your saved games, then loading each and saving immediately to update the save database.

You mean this? https://github.com/charlyzard/PS4SaveDataDecryptingTools (No idea if it's still working, tho.)

Tho it might no help those that were no logged-in to PSN before, as you can't copy your saves to USB.

Last edited by _______,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the saves I was thinking of were the ones you can rip from the hdd itself. they're in the user/home/user id/savedata directory. odd thing is that if you rip them using the db and sg payload, not all files are ripped. however, the game saves still work if restored.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean this? https://github.com/charlyzard/PS4SaveDataDecryptingTools (No idea if it's still working, tho.)

Tho it might no help those that were no logged-in to PSN before, as you can't copy your saves to USB.

Not working yet, save keys DO exist in the wild ;)

@gog3

Disc games create signed saves.

Fpkg games create fake signed (i think) saves. Not sharable still.

They are definitely NOT cross compatible... YET.

Give it a little longer, save wizard will run out of reasons to charge for this.

Reactions: iktwo and godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, me: