Do any Flash Carts support "DSi Enhanced"?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sp957, May 24, 2016.

  1. sp957
    OP

    sp957 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    73
    6
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Would something like the DSTwo support the function of DSi Enhanced games?

    For example, I have a DSi. The Classic Sonic Collection is a DSi Enhanced game meaning it features better emulation (smoother gameplay) on DSi+ systems, whereas on the regular DS/DSLite, it will run more sluggish.
     
    Last edited by sp957, May 24, 2016
  2. nxwing

    nxwing GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,007
    4,076
    Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    There's one flashcart that used to support it but it's dead. No, your DSTwo will never run in DSi Mode.
     
  3. how_do_i_do_that

    how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

    Member
    4,918
    255
    May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    The only flashcart that could use DSi enhanced required an exploit, that exploit has been patched making the that flashcart useless, requires a particular DSi firmware to use. That flashcart was the CycloDS iEvolution.

    http://gbatemp.net/threads/cyclops-no-longer-supports-the-ievolution.321797/

    I doubt you will find anybody selling this flashcart since the flashcart maker went belly up.
     
  4. Lilith Valentine

    Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

    Member
    19,377
    19,732
    Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    There was only one flashcart that supported DSi enabled feature and that was CycloDS iEvolution. Sadly, it wasn't very good at it and went belly up shortly after it was released.
    Honestly, the DSi-Mode really isn't that interesting. 90% of the features is just using the camera to take your picture as profile picture and the other 10% is using the RAM for a slightly better FPS.
     
  5. Technicmaster0

    Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,999
    603
    Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  6. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    11,445
    4,761
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    With Luma it should work fine on latest firmware though, since Luma has TWL_FIRM patching built in.
     
  7. Technicmaster0

    Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,999
    603
    Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yep, even a TWL_FIRM downgrade works.